• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

shoulder Wing and Star insignia

flightmac

Can anyone tell me a good way to get the Wing and Star "meatball" properly aligned on the sleeve so it won't look crooked. I bought it from Garcia Aviation and plan on applying it to my 1990's issued Cooper A-2 (modified with underarm pieces at "Pop's Leather" in Turkey), if any of that matters. Also, does anyone have any experience with the glue that Garcia Aviation includes with the insignia?

A

Anonymous

Never used the sticker, but sent mine off to have the AAF ball painted on, looks great and cost 30 bucks. Lined up and centered and won't rub off. BTW what did you drive?

flightmac

I had 3000 hrs as a Flight Engineer on WC-130's (mainly) that gathered data inside tropical cyclones. I never wore my jacket on those missions; but my squadron also flew "winter storm" missions gathering weather data off the East and West coast as well as miscellaneous light cargo runs off storm season. Then I generally flew with my jacket laid over the back of my seat. Once the engines were started, the cockpit warmed up, so there was no need to wear it.

A

Anonymous

Cool, I have several take off's in the C-130, but then we would jump. I was a Free Fall Jumpmaster. Great platform for High alt jumping. J model climbs as fast as a C-17 believe it or not.

lightning38

Who did you send your jacket to to have the wing and star painted on? If the painter can copy the decal with the feathering on the wings and the Army Air Force lettering under the wing and star "exactly" like the decal I think it would be better then the decal and paint can always be touched up.

Mike

wing nut said:
Never used the sticker, but sent mine off to have the AAF ball painted on, looks great and cost 30 bucks. Lined up and centered and won't rub off. BTW what did you drive?