• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shoulder droop on Eastman

A

Anonymous

Hi guys,
I keep hearing that Eastman jackets exhibit excessive shoulder droop.
Is this correct?
Any Eastman owners here have any complaints, or comments?

Regards,
Platon

better duck

Judge for yourself: (in all cases the model is yours truly)

ELC house size 44 (18 years old):
IMG_1584.jpg

ELC RW 1401 P size 46 (2 years old):
IMG_1474.jpg

ELC Star Sportwear size 46 (1 year old):
IMG_2892A.jpg

ELC Werber size 46 (1 year old):
IMG_2460.jpg

The photo above shows the jacket seconds out of the box. The drape of the sleaves / cuffs has improved since then:

IMG_2295A.jpg

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the pics guys...
Can't really tell if the size is 44 and bigger.

Peter I am afraid you got a little droop there.

Jamesp, no significant droop is evident in your pic but its taken from an angle...

Need to see more pics I am afraid...

zoomer

That's a 1933 Werber. It actually shouldn't fit like a mass produced wartime A-2.

I think most of the guys in this 1934 pic have Werbers, most pretty loose-fitting and some with a bit of droop. Better Duck would fit right in.
2207139699_66e1277699_o.jpg

T-Bolt

I believe that older Eastmans had more shoulder width for any particular size than their newer ones do. As an example, I have an older ELC RW 27752 (in size 40) that probably has a bit of droop, where the newer 27752 I have (in size 42) has little or no droop. My understanding is that Eastman has made a major re-adjustment of their shoulder/arm/back fit at least once and that accounts for a different fit from older jackets to newer ones.

Ted

Grant

Here's a photo of my sz. 40 ELC house A-2. No Euro-shoulder droop. Grant
ELCA-2front.jpg

Yikes, an original with shoulder droop!!
A-2jacket.jpg

Chandler

You sure it's the jacket and not the shoulders? :D

I have an ELC 1401 and a Star -- the star fits great, no droop, but the 1401 is a size larger because the next size smaller was too tight, so the shoulders might droop some more. At least they aren't rolling over toward the front as some bad repros I've seen!

Chandler

Pete17

Well, I have an ELC RW 1401 and it fits me like a glove. Couldn't be happier with it.
Gave my measurements to Gary and they did the rest.

A

Anonymous

I have 3 G/B A-2's- zero droop. One Goodwear size 48- zero droop. One 2005 Eastman 27752 size 46-major euro droop. Measurments sent to HPA (USA Middleman) not Gary Eastman so that might be why.

pharmotard

Hello guys, just a little pic of my eastman HH Monarch, hope this help...

Now it is one year old, it becomes to break in and leather begins to be grainy.

bfrench

Administrator
pharmotard said:
Hello guys, just a little pic of my eastman HH Monarch, hope this help...

Now it is one year old, it becomes to break in and leather begins to be grainy.

Hi, Guys,

Nothing like having something with a straight line in the back ground to use as a reference.

I wish more of you guys would do this - it really adds to the display.

CuraheeELC.jpg

Bill French

A

Anonymous

A little droop is ok for me I have an ELC with a little. But you can't expect jackets that were issued to have a tailored fit. We all have our perfect fit, and sometimes pay extra to get it, but thats up to the comfort level of the wearer.

Shoulder droop is a bit subjective and depends how big your shoulders are in comparison with the rest of your body.

I had an old ELC 27752 that was really droopy on me ( but I've got skinny shoulders ).
I've got a newer ELC Monarch in the same size and the shoulders are perfect - in fact the whole jacket is a perfect fit .

I'm eagerly awaiting delivery of an ELC house in Seal Warhorse and hope it fits as well as the Monarch

pharmotard

I was before this door because i took the photo with automatic shoot, but i'm happy that you can do geometry.

i had too a 27752 eastman rw in size 42 and it was blousy, much shoulder droop and sleeves were too short for me... i sold it, but the leather was very great.

rich

johnny english said:
Shoulder droop is a bit subjective and depends how big your shoulders are in comparison with the rest of your body.

I had an old ELC 27752 that was really droopy on me ( but I've got skinny shoulders ).
I've got a newer ELC Monarch in the same size and the shoulders are perfect - in fact the whole jacket is a perfect fit .

I'm eagerly awaiting delivery of an ELC house in Seal Warhorse and hope it fits as well as the Monarch

Q.E.D.!!!

AmericasBest-1.jpg

Curahee

And he damn well should be ! for crying out loud :eek: ....I mean that's just such an insult to all A-2 wearers. I say sue this guy for all he's got and then some more... what an outrage.