• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should I CBI RL M41?

Tim P

Got an absolute corking reproduction of an M41 Jacket made by the ubiquitous Polo company. cloth is AS original, bottons are correct, zipper is ok and the lining has the correct shade and weave but is not pure wool.
Now..
the back has a motif of some Florida Keys islands in a very 50's style and the right arm has a number of place names embroidered.
so, do I enjoy it as is, it is nice and I like it (especially at less than a decent chinese takeaway for two)
Or should I cover the arm embroidery on the right arm with a nice cut edge or even leather CBI patch and staff sergeant rank, cover the back embroidery with a blood chit and then add an air force patch (of my choice within reason) on the left shoulder.?

At the moment it looks very retro and not too military. My CBI plan could be indulged with something else and I guarantee that it would be way more conspicuous on the high street.
I am hung really so I thought I would court opinion to see whether to bother.

Tim.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Tim P said:
I am hung really so I thought I would court opinion to see whether to bother.

I wouldn't monkey with it, Florida sounds good ... enjoy a change, we don't have to look military all the time. :)

Tim P

yeah, although the embroidery is cheesy, it does tone down the mil spec of the jacket. I may well leave as is. very comfortable temperate jacket. I used to wear m41's years ago, I had forgotten how nice they were.

Peter Graham

Bum it up as something exclusive on ebay, hopefully make a nice profit and buy a plain unembellished repro M-41. That's what I would do.

Tim P

I have a nice M41 as it is, I just saw this cheap on ebay and remembered being impressed with the detail when I saw them in the shops. I wish they did an unadorned one too. as it is the motif is growing on me.