• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Senior Pilot Doo Dad Box with goodies

a2jacketpatches

It's seen better days but closes nicely, nice miniature Air Medal with Oak Leaf Cluster and a period Squadron Patch Photo. I believe this was a stateside C-47 unit in Southern California. Appreciate any info on it, Johnny?????

dmar836

PX cigarette case? The air medal is a miniature? The 17th AB patch is random.
Likely a group of found artifacts just put together but who knows, maybe a story behind it that's forever lost.
Interesting,
Dave

a2jacketpatches

Hmmm? Let me see if I can drum up an Ebay seller story.

Starting bid $17000.00, Free shipping!!!!!

Found at the estate of a WW2 C-47 pilot who dropped Paratroopers during Operation Varsity. As the story goes, one of the troopers was exiting the aircraft and his shoulder patch was caught on a loose rivet and remained there until landing. So this is an actual battle worn batch from early February 1945. His miniature Air medal with Oak Leaf Cluster is included with the group and the Squadron insignia photo was the unit he trained with prior to the war.

Update, the family just called and said they found these. He lost his marbles quite some time back but they've been recovered and are included in the grouping.