• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Selfmade CBI shield variations for M-41 (USAAF jacket)

ties70

Hi,

I want to modify my M-41 Jacket into a CBI / USAAF version, with doing as many of the patches by myself.
So I started with the CBI shields:

cbi_shields_all_zpsn5yf1jxs.jpg

The leather patch is a couple of years old and all hand-stitched.

cbi_leather_zpsh4gepvpv.jpg

Last week I started with a painted canvas CBI shield. It is simple to make but doesn't look like much, either...

cbi_canvas_zpsbkpoqncx.jpg

My current favourite is this mixture of canvas, wool felt and leather. I haven't seen anything like this before, so it is not very authentic...on the other hand I could imagine something like this as "theater made":

cbi_felt_canvas_zpsogj8o4es.jpg

Of course there is always the possibility to get an embroidered CBI patch and just add the leather...but as I said: I want to do most of the work by myself.

Best regards,

Ties

dujardin

difficult to make a choice, for me; all 3 are greatttttt
my favourite is the oldest one in multi leather pieces

Bombing IP

Ties try and find some ladies gloves from the 1940s ,that would be the dress type gloves very thin leather . This really set off the the patch background ,also look for used ladies wallets and handbags in red and blue .The leather is very high quality with natural patina from use and it is thin .If the hand bags are in poor shape you can pick them up cheap. If you have trouble finding it I will send some to you PM me your address . Keep up the excellent work .

BIP