• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seeking "color" image VC-77(Composite Sqd-77) emblem......

EMBLEMHUNTER

VC 77 2nd insignia 1945.jpg
Anyone have the image in color or know where I can find it ?????? Thanks :)

EMBLEMHUNTER

Duuuuuude, Wowzer, Much Much Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How di you find it ??????? Again Much thanks as that's the exact emblem image I had :)

Johnny

Smithy

Pleased I could help Johnny. I just did a couple of searches, my job is a researcher so I like hunting stuff down :)

Best,

Tim

EMBLEMHUNTER

Thanks again Smithy, I appreciate the help, funny I was all over the net with various 'title" searches for this one but still didn't find It, anyway thanks again and Marcel happy to share it :)

Bombing IP

Smithy maybe you could give us some tips on how to find the info we are looking for . I know sometimes I draw a blank on items I seek in my eternal quest for knowledge .

BIP san

Smithy

Smithy maybe you could give us some tips on how to find the info we are looking for . I know sometimes I draw a blank on items I seek in my eternal quest for knowledge .

BIP san

Finding things online really is a bit hit or miss but there's a few things I try and do if looking and which help. With this one, it was a matter of using all the various permutations for how the name of the squadron could be listed, eg using "VC-77", "Composite squadron 77", "Composite sqn 77", etc. If using Google you have to run all these permutations separately via a general search, image search, book search, and so forth. But I also in the end had to add "us navy" and "patch" to the search and luckily, it came up with a match. Also sometimes if you strike out with one search engine you have to do the same with another. That doesn't always work but you'd be surprised that there's a lot of times when Google will show nothing on certain search parameters but on another search engine, eg Bing, what you're looking for will come up on the first few results. Also depending on what you're looking for, you sometimes have to use specific sites whose results don't usually turn up on standard search engines, that can be national archive sites which have catalogued collections, museum portal sites such as "europeana.eu, digitalmuseum.no, etc).

Smithy

Once again , happy to help Johnny and it was fun tracking an image down for it.

Post a pic if you make a repro of it!