• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schott

dadgad

I've always been attracted for some reason to this Schott model, the I-S-674-M-S

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

if Schott would go on the market with a sort of Vintage reissue of this jacket, would you be interested?
I'm not related to Schott in any way, I'm just curious.

GL

Vcruiser

No..I wouldn't...but they were made in abundance..and do show up on eBay quite often.
Van

watchmanjimg

I'm not sure Schotts fare so well anymore compared to the current state of the art, but for many years they were one of the better jackets available to those of us living in ordinary middle-class America. I remember seeing jackets by Brooks, Excelled, and a few other brands in stores during the 1980s, but in my opinion Schott made a better product. With the world at our fingertips these days we have far more desirable choices to consider, but if you like the jacket and the price is right I say go for it!

Tim P

they come up all the time and, at over 25 years old are, in my opinion, a vintage leather jacket. Not to my taste I have to say although they are wearable and well made.

catinhat95

I had that exact jacket back in 1980. Though it is not an accurate flight jacket reproduction by any means it was one of the best jackets I ever owned. They certainly don't make them like that anymore. Extremely thick cow hide leather and a nice warm lining and collar. The leather looked great when broken in. I believe Cooper made a very similar if not identical jacket at that time also.......I wish I still had that old jacket.

johnnyjohnny

the 174sm is the 184sm

love the discussion as i started out an 'authentic' snob, meaning i would only get authentic milspec a-2s or g-1s...however, going through the jackets on ebay i started falling in love with the schott 174sm...i just couldn't go for the 2-piece back

when i saw that the schott 184sm had replaced the 174sm, but had upgraded to the more authentic g-1/g-2 biswing back, the jacket became much more irresistible...now, taking off the mouton collar, the jacket became an authentic repro for the anj3/g-2 (there were versions with collar snaps and epaulets)...the only thing 'wrong' for authenticity about the 184sm are the side entry slash pockets on top of the patch pockets...but i made my peace with that since the style has infected my thinking

now, rather than thinking of it as a design-flawed g-2, a-2, anj3 or g-1, i look at it as a piece of Americana, and also as a motorcycle jacket

mine is coming in the post in the next few days...got it about $150 below list from a supplier on ebay...new legit from schott...he's 8875terry on ebay if anyone's interested...i also found a few legit schott resellers on the net, pilot websites, offering the same jacket for about $380 as well, though 8875terry can get black...the websites offered only brown

needless to say, with all my 'authentic' military flight jackets, i opted for the black