• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Scarce Linemen Jacket

USMC_GAU-21

Just wondering if anyone else saw this one:

!BhNv-+gBmk~$(KGrHqEOKikEr)1lGcrKBLIHGP21nw~~_12.JPG

Great looking jacket, and a little rare! Here is the whole auction. I have only seen this jacket a few times on the US market, maybe some of you Senior Nylon collectors know more about it?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200416454816&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
r-Gy Dan

watchmanjimg

I've seen this type before. I believe it's merely a shell to be worn over other garments, and clearly for a very specific purpose. Interesting, but I imagine it's probably something most of us can live without as they seem to be rather pricey due to being fairly uncommon.

USMC_GAU-21

Agreed, but for my collection a nice addition it would make ;)

I have a set of 1950's Linemen Taxi Wands, and M1944 Goggles....this would fit right in, but.....I think it is going to go higher then I would like, and I could get 3 jackets for the price it might close at.

Not for daily wear that is for sure.......

Weasel_Loader

Yep! These were used by crew chiefs when marshaling aircraft to and from parking spots. To be worn only during marshaling procedures. ;)