SB Memphis

Discussion in 'Repros' started by Jonesy86, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Jonesy86

Jonesy86 Member

Hi

I purchased this used SB Memphis not long ago at a pretty good price, accept it cost a lot so ship from Australia. But I received it very quickly. I think it is a very beautiful jacket. Some of the panels have different texture than others with more grain showing. But, I like the contrast. The only thing I have kinda not gotten used to is the length. When closed it sits just above my belt line. What do you all think? Love that Shinki!

Memphis fit pic flat front.jpg
    Memphis fi pic closed.JPG
    Sorry for the blurry photo, with poor lighting, but I think it makes my point.
    Thanks!

2. Steve27752

Steve27752 Well-Known Member

Nice jacket, but to me it is too short in the body.

3. Jonesy86

Jonesy86 Member

Yeah, I think you are right. It is a bit of a gamble for me buying used jackets online. Have mostly done well, but a few blunders along the way. Still love that Shinki!
    Thanks.

4. Roughwear

Roughwear Well-Known Member

It would be fine with higher waisted vintage trousers.

Miles likes this.
  5. Jonesy86

Jonesy86 Member

I hadn't thought of that. Thanks for the tip. I was thinking of picking up a pair of HPA Sugar Came 1947 Selvage-Denim Pre-
    shrunk. Probably go for 36" waist to allow for stretching, but the front rise is only 12". If I went for the 38" I would get 12.5 front rise, but they would probably be too big. I have a pair of RRLs with the same problem. The front rise is higher but the waist is too big. I guess that is what belts are good for though.

Thanks again for your input.

6. johnwayne

johnwayne Well-Known Member

Aero Scotland do some nice vintage style trousers that are maybe a tad pricey but authentic and poss a little warm for Oz!

7. Garylafortuna

Garylafortuna Active Member

Lots of room for a Sam Browne or a Batman utility belt. That leather looks boss. You are well on the road to becoming a serious collector David.

8. Miles

Miles Active Member

That’s the ticket . Gotta rock vintage all the way when wearing a jacket this squared. Same goes for my LW ANJ-4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk