• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rough Wear Clothing Co. ac23380 A2 size 44

Roughwear

I have previously owned several A2s from this, the smallest of RW's wartime contracts. This one is made from what I suspect is cowhide. We know from DNA testing cowhide was used in the ac23380 contract, which was awarded on 26th December 1941 and was for 12,000 jackets. The leather has great character.

I have replaced the Crown zip with an M-41 NOS Talon and also replaced all the knits which had been badly attacked by moths.

Looking carefully at the leather, which remains very supple, it has been lightly re-dyed around 1944 when the shoulder decal was applied. As a size 44 it fits more like a 42 and is slightly smaller, although still wearable, than the size 44s I have from RW's four other contracts. Sadly the white pocket label is missing, although the nomenclature label present and in good shape. I will post some wearing pictures later in the week.

CBI

Yes, I know these are getting harder to find!!!! I wouldn't mind ONE more original in my (this) size!!!!

Roughwear

It is much harder here in the UK to obtain A2s from the USA now with the weaker pound and the heavy import duties. However the only two A2s I bought in the last twelve months came from the UK.

CBI

yep, overseas sales are a challenge. i have not been looking too closely for another original A-2. I guess when I am ready, I will make some asks...............

Roughwear

Fortunately there are very few contracts I'm after these days which helps!LOL. I am really only after a size 46 Monarch (size 44s in this contract are very trim) and a size 44 Werber.