• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RMNZ Monarch....

SuinBruin

I just purchased a new Real McCoy's New Zealand Monarch A-2 in seal goat off of eBay (size 42). Can anyone give me any insights into how this jacket is cut and fits? Based on the listing, it sounds like it will have long arms with a narrow and somewhat short torso. I wear a 40L ordinarily... may have to flip this one depending on how the length works out. Thanks.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Ahh, you bought that.

It would fit me well, I'm a size 40, and 6' tall, so I might end up just shortening the sleeves.

If you are a 40L, say 6' 2" or more, then yes, you may need to go up a size for the body length.

SuinBruin

Thanks for the reply, deeb. So at 6'1" I'm stuck right in between? Typical. :lol:

Well, we'll just have to see how it fits when it gets here....

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
SuinBruin said:
Thanks for the reply, deeb. So at 6'1" I'm stuck right in between? Typical. :lol:

Well, we'll just have to see how it fits when it gets here....

Real McCoy's Monarch pattern is a very similar fit to their Dubow, so here's my size 42 ... I'm happy with the length.

I guess it's going to depend on that extra inch, whether it's in the legs, or the torso. :)

RMDubowrus6.jpg

edit: Since the photo RM have shortened the sleeves a little, and with a little wear, I've managed to crease it up at the elbows.

SuinBruin

Thanks for the photo, David, that helps a lot. I think most of my extra length is in the torso, so we shall see how the jacket fits... any thoughts on whether the RMNZ goat is susceptible to hot water/stretching treatments?

Cheers,
Matt

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
SuinBruin said:
... any thoughts on whether the RMNZ goat is susceptible to hot water/stretching treatments?

It seems to work for some of the members, Matt, but I wouldn't like to risk it, especially with trying to get more length.

The jacket looked new, and may have been a second with that crease in the back. RM's goatskin A-2's cost less than the horsehide anyway ... you could maybe replace it direct, for not much more money.

asiamiles

deeb7 said:
SuinBruin said:
... any thoughts on whether the RMNZ goat is susceptible to hot water/stretching treatments?

It seems to work for some of the members, Matt, but I wouldn't like to risk it, especially with trying to get more length.
Hot water is as likely to make the jacket shorter rather than longer!

SuinBruin

Well, if it fits, it fits... if not, I'll sell it off and probably use the proceeds to make a down payment on a second Goodwear....