• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RMJ B 3 scam

John Lever

A few weeks ago a grubby RMJ B3 came up for sale on eBay for 900 gbp. I think the seller took an offer so the item was ' sold '. It appeared yesterday for 397 gbp or make an offer. I offered 250 ( almost as a cheeky joke), it was accepted. It was this morning that I noticed the add was from a different seller in germany with zero feedback and was a clone of the original listing..... the tracking number was bogus. I started to be concerned. I called paypal who informed me the seller was in India.
At the suggestion of the very helpful PP agent I filed a claim for non delivery. This afternoon an escalated counter claim came from the seller who said had given the full paypal tracking number. No such service exists...so back to PP who confirmed the number to be bogus.
A full refund was immediately given.

Rutger

Ebay and PayPal got that covered very well, happened three times to me and I always got my money back within days.

John Lever

If you pay directly from your bank it takes several days for the money to leave your account so a payment can be halted. If you pay via a card the payment is instant so the money has to be retrieved from the other person's account. If they have any money.

johnwayne

Not the UQAAB mob again is it? Perhaps not as it wasn't a 'new' jacket they were offloading but every time I hear of these scams it is a concern I must admit but pleased to hear you didn't get conned.
Cheers
Wayne
Ps has anyone bought a UQAAB jacket or found out anymore?

Roughwear

Very suspicious John. The seller only joined Ebay on 12th December! It is priced cheap to sell quickly. The guy pockets the money and leaves Ebay, then reappears under another user ID!:( Have you reported him?

John Lever

Reported to ebay. They told me they can only act after it sells or if a previous owner makes a complaint.
I suppose one rule for us my be Never buy from someone with zero feedback.

Roughwear

If you check his Ebay ID it says: "Based in India, edmontonpoint has been an eBay member since 14 Dec, 2016"! This says it all.:mad: