• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Repro Mackinaw?

asiamiles

Can anyone recommend a good quality repro WWII US Army Mackinaw? I've been looking out for a Buzz for some time now but they are few and far between and when a Medium popped up it looked to be too big...I'm guessing one needs to size down as they were made to be worn over a field jacket? I'm after the shawl collar version with a cotton outer (as used for Tankers) rather than poplin (as used for M-41s).

Thanks!

ausreenactor

Miles,

I have an early At The Front Medium/40R Mackinaw here in great shape. I have not worn it since I bought it. Let me know if you want some pics. Surplus to needs. Will do it for actual shipping cost only and a favor down the line when I need it...

Couchy

chamboid

You can pick originals up so readily though, in great condition. Picked up mine for pratically nothing and got it tailors to fit better.

asiamiles

chamboid said:
You can pick originals up so readily though, in great condition. Picked up mine for pratically nothing and got it tailors to fit better.
Whenever I've looked on eBay, there's been nothing suitable or cheap.

asiamiles

This later 3rd pattern jacket probably is much more commonly found and so sells at a lower price than the first pattern ones, which is what I'm after.