• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Repro Irvin any idea on maker?

Skip

Picked this up in Australia the other day, it was labeled as a real Irvin, but from my limited knowledge I'm certain its a reproduction. It hasn't a label, the zips are 'clix'. The gentleman said he bought it in UK before coming back to Australia many years ago, something like 20. Not sure if the fleece is real wool or synthetic either. its in great shape. It will be for sale soon just want to know the maker if anyone has any idea?

John Lever

I am 95 % sure it's an ALC.It has the same Clix zips, eyelets, buckles and panel configuration as mine. The colour and texture of the skin is also the same.

Skip

Thanks John. I'm certainly not an expert and we don't have the market out here to really investigate the various designs and idiosyncrasies between Repro Irvins, or genuine Irvins for that matter. Couldn't bring an early Cirrus up on the net but as you say, the ALC seems the likely candidate, as even the modern version seems to have a similar style?. Thanks very much for your thoughts and the info.

Members online

Latest posts