• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Repro Cable?

bellumbill

Hello all! I am looking for a repro Cable Raincoat in goat - From all I can find it is either Goodwear (one year wait or more) or Norshor leather (not sure what their status is?) - Does that sound correct?

Thank you!

Very best,
Bill K.

Brettafett

You looking for top tier? GW
Theres a secondhand one on Ebay atm and I think some on here might be willing to part with one.
Norshor looks good also.

Bill Kelso makes a Cable, but it's HH. May be worth asking if they can do one in goat.
know they have a great seal goat.

Also may be worth looking at Headwind Mfg
I think Jay stated they will be releasing a Cable A-2 in the new year? A higher quality mid range, not Supply depot.

bellumbill

Thank you very much for the response and the info.! I have asked BK but he said he has little demand for goat so doesn't keep any russet goat in stock?? Do you have a link for the ebay auction? I will check the others. I might add, I need a larger size (sadly), 46, 48. Best, Bill K.

PSS, I reached out to Norshor a week or so ago but have not heard back. I also reached out to Jay a few weeks ago after I received a jacket from him, asking that very question. Never heard back from him either. Did he say if the Cable would be goat or HH?

Last edited:

coolhandluke

Hello all! I am looking for a repro Cable Raincoat in goat - From all I can find it is either Goodwear (one year wait or more) or Norshor leather (not sure what their status is?) - Does that sound correct?

Thank you!

Very best,
Bill K.

What size are you Bill? IIRC, Mark has a size 42 Cable in russet goat on the sale section of Norshor's site.

bellumbill

Sadly, larger than that! 46, 48 but thank you for the heads up! As I said, I have reached out to Mark but haven't heard back. Best, Bill K.

coolhandluke

Sadly, larger than that! 46, 48 but thank you for the heads up! As I said, I have reached out to Mark but haven't heard back. Best, Bill K.

Not a problem! I believe it has a 23" PTP and 19.5" shoulder width. I've looked at the jacket a few times and keep coming to the conclusion that it's still a bit oversized for a relaxed WWII fit on my frame. It's a shame because the hide looks like a pretty accurate representation of original russet goat.

20220308_104346.jpg

20220308_104142.jpg

20220308_104022.jpg

Last edited:

bellumbill

Ah, too bad - its a great lookin jacket! I can make most other measurements "work" on me - but that PTP needs to be at least 25. :( Gettin older hard to keep that extra weight off unlike when I was younger.

mulceber

Didn’t ELC make a goat Cable for a minute back in the day?
Thought so too but wasn’t sure. IIRC they advertised the color as Havana Brown. But could be mistaken.
Is this the Mandela Effect? :p

Nickb123

Is this the Mandela Effect? :p
Ah it was a goatskin model no longer available.

B-Man2

Didn’t ELC make a goat Cable for a minute back in the day?
Yes they did . I had one and like an ass I sold it off . It was one of the nicest Havana brown goats that were being made at the time . It’s been the one that I could kick myself for . I’ve never been able to find another like it.