• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Real McCoy's U.S. web outlet open

Silver Surfer

this store is but 2 blocks from my studio, and next to the blue on greene store [buzz, japanese denim, retro gear, etc.] as noted, their pricing is way, way out there, but considering that soho has become yet another mecca for high end shopaholics, it is no surprise. when a tiffany store opened [that tiffanys] across the street from me, i didnt know whether to laugh or cry. i reckon that it goes hand in hand with most of the people in the arts having been kicked out or priced out of the neighborhood, and being replaced by wall streeters, sports stars, models, "over seas developers", et al. soho sucks, bring back the trucks.

Cobblers161

The N-1 with the current exchange rate in the UK is not massively overpriced in comparison to the Buzz counterpart.

Would any of you NYC guys consider shipping one over to the UK for me? I'll glady afford you a few beers for the favour.

Best,
Steve

Silver Surfer

sure, steve. when it is paid for and ready to pick up, i will get it and ship it. my cost is your cost. i can fill out the customs form as you prefer, but no guarantees that uk customs will not give ya hicky on it. let me know whey tou are good to go.

mindful

I think the original prices on real Mccoys in Japan are quit reasonable but unfortunately It's all about the import taxes,this is why In the UK and the states the RM products are so high, i send a lot of emails to stores in Japan asking if they will send products as gift, some do some don't it's pot luck but worth trying.

colekwok

mindful said:
I think the original prices on real Mccoys in Japan are quit reasonable but unfortunately It's all about the import taxes,this is why In the UK and the states the RM products are so high, i send a lot of emails to stores in Japan asking if they will send products as gift, some do some don't it's pot luck but worth trying.

You have to be careful when you are dealing with the HM Revenue & Custom, even if things are sent as gifts, they will still charge you. Large parcels and electronics are the easy targets. You will have to be prepare to pay for the custom, if it slips through, then it's your luck. I once paid custom for my own birthday gift from the overseas, and it wasn't something expensive. The worst part was, it took them 3weeks to send me the notice while the parcel was supposed to be an overseas express delivery through Parcel Force.

dudewuttheheck

The RMC stuff in New York is definitely overpriced. However, if you are able to get their products from a Japanese site, everything is MUCH more reasonable and definitely worth it.

EmergencyIan

I really like and would love to own the Extreme Weather Deck Coat, but at $1798 USD, there's no way. In saying that, since I'm in NYC, I really need to stop be the store. Too bad that it will only be to browse.

- Ian