• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Real McCoys Dubow 46

Andrew

I have one of those but seal, signed by Gen Chuck Yeager no less. Mine's also a 48 and I got a similarly confusing story from Paddy at RM at the time I had it made so I can confirm his is correct. I can't remeber the actual price at the time but it was something like $800US, so aside from the holes this one seems ok.

The smell of an RMNZ HH jacket is sensational. Beautifully made and I love it but I have to admit that i've not worn it since I got my first GW a year and a half ago.

RIMG0282.jpg

RIMG0288.jpg

Tim P

My Mccoys Dubow is the business. One I procured for a mate in a 46 (42) in russet struck me as the definitive a2 and I lusted after one til one came along. Mine is seal and is pictured on a duxford thread.
I would have hit the button on this already if I wasnt just a bit flush for A2's right now.
In fact if anyone wants my 46 GW no name 27753 which is snug on the shoulders I still might!!
although I cant see it staying on ebay for long

A

Anonymous

Looks like the seller had a change of heart or sold it off line any it has been pulled .

All the best Jeff .

asiamiles

And as Hawkeye first alerted us to, it's a very good buy for a RM. It would sell for much more in Japan, the only caveat being the large size...they don't even have categories on Yahoo for selling such large jackets!

Lignemaginot

If you were going to sew another name tag on the jacket, then I agree that this is probably a good price; personally, I always steer away from jackets that have those postage-stamp perforations - and I can't bring myself to put those holes in any of my own jackets.

I've been contemplating having an Air Apcahes painting added to the back of my GW, but in order to really set it off, I should have a repro Bats-outta-hell squadron patch sewn on the front... but that would entail "ruining" the jacket with those holes... decisions, decisions.

asiamiles

Lignemaginot said:
If you were going to sew another name tag on the jacket, then I agree that this is probably a good price; personally, I always steer away from jackets that have those postage-stamp perforations

One good reason, if you needed another one, not to put nametags on jackets.

Andrew

Check this out, is it just that i've had too many Shiraz's tonight or is it just me :? :?

Another one up for sale with the same copy;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %26ps%3D54

Not necessarily srange in itself, but on checking out the auction the first thing that came to my mind that it was one of JC's and that the seller had used his pics. Take a look at the similarity of presentation to John's own Dubow offering, same flight suit, red satin scarf, flattery I guess;

http://www.goodwearleather.com/pages/gw ... ages1.html

A member here perhaps?

Probably just the wine....

jacketimp

Leadsky said:
Check this out, is it just that i've had too many Shiraz's tonight or is it just me :? :?

Another one up for sale with the same copy;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %26ps%3D54

Not necessarily srange in itself, but on checking out the auction the first thing that came to my mind that it was one of JC's and that the seller had used his pics. Take a look at the similarity of presentation to John's own Dubow offering, same flight suit, red satin scarf, flattery I guess;

http://www.goodwearleather.com/pages/gw ... ages1.html

A member here perhaps?

perhaps he has jc's blessing to use his intellectual property right?

perhaps like you say he's a forum member ?

otherwise jc could report seller to ebay........

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Leadsky said:
Another one up for sale with the same copy ...

Real McCoy's usual size range goes to 46, so any larger sizes made to order are going to have that label.

Not necessarily srange in itself, but on checking out the auction the first thing that came to my mind that it was one of JC's and that the seller had used his pics. Take a look at the similarity of presentation to John's own Dubow offering, same flight suit, red satin scarf, flattery I guess

It's also how RM/The Few do their photos, they are probably from when the jacket was bought.

:D

jacketimp

deeb7 said:
Leadsky said:
Not necessarily srange in itself, but on checking out the auction the first thing that came to my mind that it was one of JC's and that the seller had used his pics. Take a look at the similarity of presentation to John's own Dubow offering, same flight suit, red satin scarf, flattery I guess

It's also how RM/The Few do their photos, they are probably from when the jacket was bought.

The Few/RM was before GW..........so who's copying whom.............or do they have a common consensus....

:D