• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Re Dyed depot A2s

Tattoo A2

Just a question for anyone who is interested. I own an original early Roughwear that to my knowledge was redyed at one point of its life. It is made of goatskin. I read on the Eastman site how the jackets were dyed with a paint brush and not always a neat job. I also bought the Eastman escape jacket a few years back and it looks a lot better now then when I got it. My question is have any of you ever tried to re dye a russet jacket or cap and let it naturally age with wear. I know these jackets are not cheap, but Im almost tempted to try on a russet one and see. Just the crazy artist side of me I guess, not even sure what kind of dye I would use? Here is a photo of the original Roughwear .
265178326_10158340874536127_8370618152968910609_n.jpg
265178326_10158340874536127_8370618152968910609_n.jpg

Micawber

Oh yes, lots of examples of people relying jackets here, me included. A bit of searching should dig up some answers for you :)

Juanito

If you do a search, a few of these projects will show up. I distinctly remember a Platon Dubow redye project and. Buzz Rickson. I am sure there were a couple others over the last few years when the redye conversations were popular.

Mr. Mike

You should reach out to Anneke Helleman (https://www.facebook.com/anneke.helleman). She has tremendous knowledge and experience with re-dying as well as in particular with nose art paintings on A.2s. And of course could check with VeraVoulik here in the member group who is specialized in nose art paintings as well, whether she is also taking on re-dying projects (would guess so but yet don't know myself).