RCAF Nomex?/Cloth Jacket.

Discussion in 'Foreign Flight Jackets' started by a2 fng, Sep 24, 2010.

1. a2 fng

a2 fng New Member

Havent been on here for a while but heres a new jkt ive just bought just because it was a bit different!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. watchmanjimg

watchmanjimg Active Member

I've seen these offered used in Canadian Army/Navy stores as well as unissued in the US Cavalry Store catalog. The design strikes me as quite a bit more purpose-built than typical US jackets. Not sure how well it works for casual wear, but an interesting piece indeed. The cold-weather version looks formidable with its B-15-style fur collar.

3. a2 fng

a2 fng New Member

Many Thanks.

I probably wouldnt have bothered with it if it wasnt for the fact that its badged/patched.

4. Doctor Damage

Doctor Damage New Member

Time to resurrect an old thread with some photos of the current waterproof, flameproof jackets.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Incidentally, the vintage ones with the big fur collar were all natural goodness: the fur was real mouton and the insulation was wool. They had a rain hood that zipped out from under the collar. They fit like matador jackets, i.e. super-short in the body. I've got one and it's extremely dashing in appearance, although not much use without the matching insulated overalls to wear underneath.

[​IMG][​IMG]