• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rare Aviators Clothing N-2A

Weasel_Loader

Finally after many, many years of searching, I have a Aviators Clothing N-2A with crown zippers and real fur. In the last six or seven years, I have seen only one other complete N-2A with real fur and crown zippers. There was a fella selling a rare Monarch version in great condition, but did not have it's original fur, but instead replaced with a very good quality coyote fur. I was close to pulling off a deal for it, but decided against it since it didn't have crown zippers. The only other more rare variant to this would be the version with brown mouton inside the hood. Only saw one in my life and was in good + condition at best.

This one came out better than I thought. The photos in the auction were not the best despite efforts to get better ones from the seller. Shell on this is absolutely clean with zero fading. Hood and fur are very soft with no stiff areas that these jackets sometimes get. Snaps retain their original color and leather pulls are in excellent condition.

A little on the small side for me in length, but I'll hold onto it for a bit before letting this one go. I'd really hate to let this one go since it took me so long to real in, but can't see holding it if it doesn't fit right. Oh well, won't be the first time I let a treasured jacket go. :roll:

N-2A1.jpg

N-2A2.jpg

N-2A3.jpg

N-2A4.jpg

Notice the brown leather zipper pull? Perhaps leftover material from N-2 jackets?

N-2A6.jpg

Just a little bit of unravelling on the mic strap material.

N-2A7.jpg

Only damage is the right cuff knit. Looks like a very old and quick "field" repair job.

N-2A8.jpg

Willy McCoy

Size large in this series is too short in the arms (made to wear with mittens/gloves). The XL's are just right. Nice jacket Danny!

Weasel_Loader

Its actually perfect for me in sleeve length. I could use an extra inch in length though.

Also of note that this contract (along with Monarch and possibly Reed) did not have stencils on the left sleeve or interior lining. ;)