• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question For The Re-Enactors

LJDRVR

So,

there’s a local New Years Eve dance at an old 1930’s USAAC hangar. I’ll be calling today to see if they’d like my Stearman as a backdrop. My wife wants to go and period dress or uniforms are encouraged.

I was wondering, can anybody recommend a good source for an enlisted man’s Ike Jacket, trousers, shirt and accoutrements? I could always wear my old USAF uniform from the 90’s, but I thought it might be fun and more appropriate to show up in an earlier version.

A much earlier version.

Chandler

Good Will or other thrift store?

You might even ask the event planners when you call about your plane.

Otter

From Soldier of Fortune

From the UK, but any use ?

Smithy

SoF is very good for the basics. If you're going as an officer though, stay away from their peaked officer's cap as it has the whole dictator in Paraguay thing going on. Their garrison cap isn't too shabby though.

WPG isn't bad either, although I've heard it said the cut of their tunics isn't quite right. That's just what I've heard and not from experience as I've never had one.