• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PSA from Diamond Uniform Co and Good Wear Leather

DiamondDave

Gents,

Just a quick announcement.... YES, I am the new Operator behind some of the latest "Test" samples for Good Wear Leather.

I know that many have speculated and sent missives to ask if it were me, but John and I decided it would be best to let me get
a few jackets under my belt before anything was said. Also at this point, a big THANK YOU to all of you who already know this
information, but have played it close to the vest with John and I. We really appreciate it.

SO, what makes a Good Wear a Good Wear? John's hard-won sewing skills not withstanding, it is ALL ABOUT pattern, pattern
pattern. I have been very fortunate that John has kind of given me the "Key To The Keep" when it comes to his broad knowledge
base about how these things were done the many nuances involved. MANY phone calls have been fielded by John to help me
understand all of those many nuances.

That said, there have been many frustrations along the way and a fair amount of wasted leather, but as of the jacket that "Ian C",
in the UK, just received, I have made 7 A-2's so far. They do seem in general to be getting better and better, if I do say so myself.

As of now, I will be making only a few styles of the new "Off The Rack" line of jackets for John and NO, I did not and will not be involved
at least for the time being, in any of the "Combat Clone" line, as that is JC's baby for sure. It looks as if I will stick to the Cable Raincoat
range, as well as the Poughkeepsie line and the Acme Leather Clo Co. jackets. At least for now.

So WISH ME LUCK

ButteMT61

As they say on Team America: F*CK YEAH! Nice to have it out. Dave - you don't need luck, that's obvious. I wish you both well in future endeavors and that damn Combat Clone #3 is killing me - it's what I got into jackets for some years back. Man, it gets me where it hurts and I can't wait to see what you guys come up with!

Congrats to you and KC and Good Wear!!!

When might you start making standard pattern jackets, not tailored? also if you do, would that create a stock level customers could choose from for immediate shipping?

Almost forgot :) CONGRATS!

fishmeok

Looking good Dave!

On a related note, It's always sad to see another Huge American Company like Goodwear outsource work to a foreign third world nation taking jobs away from real Americans.....

Wait, where is Oklahoma again? :D

Cheers
Mark

chamboid

Great to see two independent, talented jacket makers linking up in a friendly business venture.

All looks very exciting, and turning out some stunners.

foster

Sounds like an ideal arrangement, two renowned artisans combining efforts in harmony, where the customers and both parties will likely benefit.
And I have to agree on the importance of the pattern, as Dave mentioned. Details do make a difference.

Otter

Good news! I just wish I could justify buying a cap from you, but I suspect the wife would beat me to death with it.

jack aranda

Congrats to both you guys; a total win-win for the jacket community. We'll look for great things, and, lots of pics as you go forward.

ButteMT61

Otter said:
Good news! I just wish I could justify buying a cap from you, but I suspect the wife would beat me to death with it.

My son got one of Dave's caps. It's even better in person! Amazing workmanship...

Clark J

I think you have it right Fishy!! Out sourcing,,,,Darn shame! Just remember DD one arm per side.

DiamondDave

fishmeok said:
Looking good Dave!

On a related note, It's always sad to see another Huge American Company like Goodwear outsource work to a foreign third world nation taking jobs away from real Americans.....

Cheers
Mark

Lol! Technically we do live on Cherokee land...ahem

DiamondDave

Clark J said:
I think you have it right Fishy!! Out sourcing,,,,Darn shame! Just remember DD one arm per side.

Ahh. Just one seems dull, and what everyone else is doing, but I guess I will conform.

DiamondDave said:
fishmeok said:
Looking good Dave!

Cheers
Mark

You live on a Rez?

DiamondDave

6148th T.C.Squadron said:
DiamondDave said:
fishmeok said:
Looking good Dave!

Cheers
Mark

You live on a Rez?

Nah, that should say former Indian Country here in Tulsa.