• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Protech usa a2 another auction win

JonnyCrow

Won this one protech a2 very nicely made label says made in USA but I read somewhere that toy corporation marketed them also, anyway, nice goatskin, real satin lining, real wool knits, talon zipper, and I love the Perry style scalloped pocket flaps, cost me 20euros Japan again cheap as chips haha nice fit too, if I don't pass this onto my Spanish selling site, very tempted to keep it, hark the wife, ' not another jacket ' :p

Attachments

• 20230922_132928.jpg
    20230922_132928.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 102
  • 20230922_132937.jpg
    20230922_132937.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 89
  • 20230922_132941.jpg
    20230922_132941.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 91
  • 20230922_132945.jpg
    20230922_132945.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 83
  • 20230922_132953.jpg
    20230922_132953.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 87
  • 20230922_133002.jpg
    20230922_133002.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 84
  • 20230922_133040.jpg
    20230922_133040.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 90
  • Screenshot_20230922_144209_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230922_144209_Chrome.jpg
    814.4 KB · Views: 85
  • FaceApp_1695386881557.jpg
    FaceApp_1695386881557.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 95
  • FaceApp_1695386899894.jpg
    FaceApp_1695386899894.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 104

JonnyCrow

Plus I can wear this one to death, patch it put the sleeve decal on were I wouldn't be tempted so with my original Aero, on another note back to avirex again, the avirex semi authentic ones here in Spain, sellers are asking upwards of 400 euros for, crazy huh, even though I have a old avirex woven a2 label not even going down that road haha

JonnyCrow

The only problem is the zipper is missing teeth near the block so ordered a nos steel talon from mash Japan like a Perry, I'll get that fitted in my local place who does work for me

Spitfireace

You are really cleaning up on Buyee Japan Jonny. I bought a Protech pretty much the same as yours only I bought mine on eBay. Not as cheaply I might add. Mine is also a 38. It doesn't say "made in USA" on the size label as yours does. My zipper is a YKK stamped USA on back and it's a Hershey Bar style. I notice the stopper box on yours is stamped "Ideal", so I think someone might have have replaced the slider with the repro Talon one. It's pretty costly replacing a zipper with an NOS. So I guess you think pretty highly of this jacket. Then again if you are going to have to replace the zipper, why not put on something nice. I think it's a quality jacket, made in the late eighties, so it was not trying to be a specific contract as that was not a thing then. It's a jacket I can beat around in and not worry about it. The more I wear it in the rain etc the better it is looking. Takes a while to get all the creases where you want them and the collar shaped. It looks the part, so that counts for a lot.

JonnyCrow

You are really cleaning up on Buyee Japan Jonny. I bought a Protech pretty much the same as yours only I bought mine on eBay. Not as cheaply I might add. Mine is also a 38. It doesn't say "made in USA" on the size label as yours does. My zipper is a YKK stamped USA on back and it's a Hershey Bar style. I notice the stopper box on yours is stamped "Ideal", so I think someone might have have replaced the slider with the repro Talon one. It's pretty costly replacing a zipper with an NOS. So I guess you think pretty highly of this jacket. Then again if you are going to have to replace the zipper, why not put on something nice. I think it's a quality jacket, made in the late eighties, so it was not trying to be a specific contract as that was not a thing then. It's a jacket I can beat around in and not worry about it. The more I wear it in the rain etc the better it is looking. Takes a while to get all the creases where you want them and the collar shaped. It looks the part, so that counts for a lot.
Cheers, haha once a scout always a scout, it actually did remind me of my first Perry years ago, the Mash nos or repro was on offer 45 euros, but it's steel like a Perry, and whatever it costs me to have fitted, yes the block is a ideal so the puller has been replaced, by the time I finish it as I bought a mash sleeve decal and I'll put the original cloth 603rd bulldog bomb squadron patch on the breast, it will be a real quality jacket, bit of a project. I'll just wear it everywhere, beat it up something I'd never do with my Aero original,

JonnyCrow

Cool piece Jonny, I'm waiting for a few jackets [one of these looks a bit like this Protech].
Erwin I saw another protech with a white label inside saying this, so protech, bit of a mystery, maybe Toyo imported them and marketed them in Japan
i-img600x450-1694844353rpkcyd125962.jpg

JonnyCrow

Looks like it can be called a "Japanese Mall A2" jacket ;)
With a made in USA label :p somebody recently once said the Japanese became obsessed with American military jackets that they reproduced them the best they can do, this tells me protech is eighties, as nineties the Japan started their own range, candy Cane, toy, later buzz

Spitfireace

Protech is definitely made in USA. It looks like they exported them to Japan at some point. Hence the added "made in USA" on the size label of your jacket. Before they exported, it was a given that it was made in Plymouth for domestic market. I haven't been able to find out anything on the web about them as they were defunct before the age of the internet I guess.

JonnyCrow

Protech is definitely made in USA. It looks like they exported them to Japan at some point. Hence the added "made in USA" on the size label of your jacket. Before they exported, it was a given that it was made in Plymouth for domestic market. I haven't been able to find out anything on the web about them as they were defunct before the age of the internet I guess.
I've seen later ones with a Toys label in but the early ones like Spiewak made in USA label, I also haven't found out much, I guess the same, it was short lived before the internet evolved, they definately made a good jacket, and copied from originals, shame, imagine the quality if it carried on

Spitfireace

Ya, it was in the infancy of A-2 jacket repros. Remember that Eastman and Aero started at approximately the same time and their copies were nowhere near what they are today. Inaccurate as well.

JonnyCrow

Ya, it was in the infancy of A-2 jacket repros. Remember that Eastman and Aero started at approximately the same time and their copies were nowhere near what they are today. Inaccurate as well.
Even bigger Shame then that early companies like this who tried to get it right fizzled out