• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Private purchase and No-name contracts

Curahee

I was just wondering what you all think of the authenticity of private purchased and No-name contract A-2's. They were
made in the 30's-40's and 50's (Korean). The official specifications are often not followed (A-1 style buttons on a A-2 etc)

Since some of us seem to be so obsessed with all the little details, these jackets could be considered inferior and not really
A-2's or are they ?......

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Curahee said:
I was just wondering what you all think of the authenticity of private purchased and No-name contract A-2's.

No-name contract A-2's are perfectly authentic, still issued, but for whatever reason, the maker's name isn't on the label ... just as desirable.

Private purchased ... I think still an A-2, not necessarily inferior, but to have a similar value to an issued jacket, it would need to have very strong provenance.