• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price increase at Eastman Leather

Monsoon

I remember HPA announcing something along the lines that prices were going to be going up and to get any ELC orders in at that time prior to the increase. Makes me glad that I got my Perry B-3 prior to all of that.

Yeah, I gotta agree, I like Eastman, but the price of some of their stuff is insane. An N-4 for $700? A chambray for $200? I can get them from ATF for $100 and $60. (Actually, I'm holding out for one of their German Channel Jackets).

Last edited:

CBI

ATF won't be making the German Channel Jackets for a while - he mentioned it on one of the ATF blogs/emails.

In re ELC, just another of many examples where there is little profit in most mid-range items anymore. It's either Walmart/Dollar Store or super expensive.

Glad that ELC is so busy as are so it seems a number of high end leather folks, that's great really.

Yes, however...does eliminate many enthusiastic buyers. Again, these are not collectables that buyers are supposed to have closets full of....................

johnwayne

Next time I'm in town think I'll check out American Classics and Son of Stag and see what their charging for ELC stuff, the latter I'm sure was marked up more than ELC's direct prices by some way! Much like I said about their airshow marquee, I actually rarely check their website now either simply 'cos I know what I'm gonna find apart maybe from the 'classifieds' - surprised Gary doesn't add a commission!!

Skip

That's a really good point B-man, but the price increase in repros will likely move the original s price onto the stratosphere do you think?

For a while original navy m422a's were cheaper than repros, now it's about parity. Amazingly some people were shelling out thousands for a Repro when a good original cost between 500-800

Skip

That's only because they are Navy jackets... ;)

and dare I say are more comfortable and fit better. Imagine if the AN-J-3 without the mouton was produced for both USN and USAAF back in 38 instead of 43 and dying an un-natural death...

Are we all waiting for an ELC version???

Cocker

Amazingly some people were shelling out thousands for a Repro when a good original cost between 500-800

Yep, but some of us won't fit in any original one... I've never cursed my size before getting into vintage clothing!

ties70

Cocker,

i know what you mean. I am a proper size 48, so even most of the good repros are out of reach for me.

Ties

saucerfiend

Personally speaking, I've never had an Eastman product fit me properly. Must be their patterns just don't work for me. Good Wear's fit me just right and JC's patterns are more authentic. So, Eastman's price increase means nothing to me.

Brian

Last edited:

CBI

I didn't want to go there since I voiced my displeasure with these price increase (yes, I DO understand rising costs) but anyway, if I think about, I have owned 8 ELC jackets over the years and have been unhappy with all but 2 so this really doesn't affect me in the end. I loved my ELC B-3 but wanted a larger size and years back had a great house A-2 that had some amazing patina. Other than that though, I have always been disappointed when an Eastman arrives. I have to say, except for the B-3, always underwhelmed. It looks/sounds like the new offerings are much better so I guess I won't know want I am/will be missing. I haver seen some super ELC jackets posted, that's for sure! My own experience, not so much..........

Persimmon

So was this an April Fools thing? Prices still seem to be the same.

If you were looking today as it’s a bank holiday many businesses close on these days.
I guess no updates, shipments etc will be made until folks return to work after the holiday

D97x7

Yes, I assumed that was the case in reality, rather than a joke. Not that I was overly concerned as I ordered on Friday, was just interested to know what I'd saved really.