• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pimped out M-41 CBI ATC jacket

m-41_zps7jpxh464.jpg
Someone spent some time dressing this up

dujardin

interesting reinforcement

do you know the story of this jacket ?
is this a ww2 field modification ?

a2jacketpatches

dujardin said:
have you maybe a photo in your file ?

Unfortunately not. This was back just before I started making patches and the cameras were 1 megapixel at best. I was still using a 35mm. But I have to say it was the jacket that inspired me to start my dream job. I spotted the guy wearing it in a crowd because it had a great original Blood chit on the back, leather SSI and a multi-piece leather Squadron Patch. It was Christmas time and he was walking into the mall so I quickly parked the car and hunted him down. From there I learned he was an avid collector and flea market picker. We quickly became friends but he ended up being a cutthroat in the end. Still, I do have to thank him for the inspiration, since meeting him and his very unique jacket, my patch business grew from just a thought to my livelihood and my favorite past time is military antique hunting.

Stony

Nice jacket! I've seen a few like this before and it's not common, but also not rare to see one with all the leather trim.

Does the left rank patch have a stain on it or is it shadowed?

Stony

Stony, I would swear it looks like that one at SOS '14
Dave

It's the stain that is familiar, so you're probably right. I forgot how much it was going for though.

CBI

I recently saw a pic of an M41 jacket with a field mod added fur collar. An enlisted air crewman. Looked very cool and got me thinking of trying it on a repro M41. Not sure how much I would wear it though. No need to go through all the trouble and then have it sit in the closet!