• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Perry

bazelot

It's a good price but you can't look at it this way. A jacket is not the sum of its parts but the overall value of the whole thing. It's like cars, if you wanted to put a car together from brand new parts it would more than double the original price.

taikonaut

bazelot said:
It's a good price but you can't look at it this way. A jacket is not the sum of its parts but the overall value of the whole thing. It's like cars, if you wanted to put a car together from brand new parts it would more than double the original price.

Agreed but I would go further and say it is more than that. For example a matching pair of antique vases will cost several times more than if they were sold seperately. That jacket with everything intact you would expect more than if they were stripped down for parts because it is original down to the thread. My first post was a simplistic view that should it be stripped down for parts that how much each part is worth.

taikonaut

Tranquility Base said:
Judging from some of the very low prices fetched for A-2 this week I'd say all the arguments about prices going up are out the window... This is my personal favourite, a good Aero in a 42 prhps 44:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=025

That jacket looks like it got a replica label and a original label placed over it. Must admit I missed that one, wonder who else has and must a be a reason for the low bid?

A

Anonymous

taikonaut said:
Tranquility Base said:
Judging from some of the very low prices fetched for A-2 this week I'd say all the arguments about prices going up are out the window... This is my personal favourite, a good Aero in a 42 prhps 44:

That jacket looks like it got a replica label and a original label placed over it. Must admit I missed that one, wonder who else has and must a be a reason for the low bid?

Nah, it's a totally legit jacket. Labels are fine. I guess folk just didn't bother since they thought it would go to high. Just one of those auctions where a jacket just doesn't reach its true value. I've seen a couple sell in the $500 region in the last week.

taikonaut

Tranquility Base said:
taikonaut said:
Tranquility Base said:

Nah, it's a totally legit jacket. Labels are fine. I guess folk just didn't bother since they thought it would go to high. Just one of those auctions where a jacket just doesn't reach its true value. I've seen a couple sell in the $500 region in the last week.

How come it got 2 different labels?

I sussed out why that one did not attract a high bid. That guy modelling it puts potential high bidders off, he should not have worn it :lol:

shanghai joe

Tranquility Base said:
taikonaut said:
Tranquility Base said:

lucky winner..........

mary g is coming home to London :eek:

marry me, mary g :oops:

shanghai joe

taikonaut said:
shanghai joe said:
got the holy grail of a jkt? now get the ultimate grail companion!

Are you referring to this Mary G?
Who is this Mary G?

no NOT the mary g.........mary g is the new lady in my life...very very bitchin blingggggggg

I was referring to what tranquility base was suggesting!