• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Peg leg Pete 603rd

art of a2

jbmilart said:
This is my 1st version of the "Peg Leg Pete" and the 603rd Bomb Squadron. This is one of the first squadron patches I ever did... it's about 2 years old now... Just sold it on eBay a couple of days ago. I will be making a couple more shortly.
Excellent work Jim really good. What was your reference material for this?

a2jacketpatches

shedonwanna said:
a2jacketpatches said:
Well there we are, thanks for the info, I'm guessing he signed everything and will look for that detail from now on.

Harley usually signed the back. Not sure why this one is signed on the front but I recognized the style. Maybe he planned a sewn border? I sign the back of mine and sometimes add something extra like a B-17 stamp or US Flag. Once found a 388th BG I painted on eBay being passed as an original. Everything on the back had been burned off. I let the buyer know it was a repro and he returned it. I later noticed it had been resold on another auction site for several hundred dollars and couldn't contact the buyer. It will probably show up on eBay again - hopefully while I am still around.

Hope your move is going well...

Looks like he incised or tooled it a bit as well. The guy selling it has good stuff and I'm wondering if he's aware, but I'm giving up the whole business of policing Ebay or anything else for that matter. Probably looks a bit like I've got nothing better to do and that maybe it's a little creepy to people. After all, it seems to come around in the end anyway.

Move looks good, started packing up and the Jacuzzi is heating as I write. You know, for that sore back. :D

A

Anonymous

Looks like the seller removed the patch, maybe someone gave him a heads up. Watch that back Collins, once broken hard to fix, watch your lifting technique, got a lifting belt? good luck.

jbmilart

The reference for this version of the 603rd was from a colored pencil drawing I have from Disney's artist Hank Porter, who did most of the original art back during the early start of the war, along with Roy Williams and other Disney artists who also did squadron patches during the war. You can also see a rendition of "Peg Leg Pete" and a few other Disney's wartime artwork on the Air Force Historical Research website...

Jim

a2jacketpatches

91stbombgroup said:
Looks like the seller removed the patch, maybe someone gave him a heads up. Watch that back Collins, once broken hard to fix, watch your lifting technique, got a lifting belt? good luck.

Sounds like a threat to my well being, moderators please discontinue my membership here.

A

Anonymous

Come on you told me you had a bad back a year and a half ago, as I have scoliosis myself, and had to move myself, grow up.

a2jacketpatches

91stbombgroup said:
Come on you told me you had a bad back a year and a half ago, as I have scoliosis myself, and had to move myself, grow up.

My Wife is frightened of you now because of this and your previous threats to our livelihood, there are obvious underlying physical threats in what you've had to say recently. I clearly stated that my bad back statement was an excuse to not help you move when you got kicked out of your apartment a year and a half ago, this is the fact. You keep bringing it up and it feels a little creepy how you come across with it. Discontinue your contact with me and the PM's.

To my good friends here, feel free to contact me via email [email protected] from this point forward.

Mr. French, please cancel my membership here.

A

Anonymous

I know we had to leave because we got a dog which we care for. Your past financial dealings are not my doing, but decisions you made during tough times, just because I am privy to certain situations is no reason to air that information here. Also you can PM Bill to change your membership status, rather than make a public spectacle. Watching your back during moving is not even a veiled threat. Please get over it. This conversation is done at this end, rant all you want.