• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Peg leg Pete 603rd

art of a2

There have been some good versions of this patch about lately. I've just finished 'edging' these two. One is for a customer order. So heres my version. This must be popular at the moment. The original idea/sentiment and character of this image is striking and for me just about somes up what a good patch should be.

a1_zps89e851fa.jpg

A

Anonymous

DSCN4078.jpg
603_v4-358x358.jpg
I think just about everyone makes this design. I like the red shirt design as well. The design is probably second in Disney patch popularity after the Flying Tigers.

A

Anonymous

art of a2 said:
There have been some good versions of this patch about lately. I've just finished 'edging' these two. One is for a customer order. So heres my version. This must be popular at the moment. The original idea/sentiment and character of this image is striking and for me just about somes up what a good patch should be.

a1_zps89e851fa.jpg
Sorry, we did not mean to intrude on your topic, the patches look great, anything about patches, and we jump all over it, as it's a smaller demographic than the jackets.

a2jacketpatches

You feel as if I intruded art of a2? or does chitchat have a mouse in his pocket? just a participant and with a variation of my very own that is on sale for a very good deal. Again, my compliments to your work.

art of a2

a2jacketpatches said:
You feel as if I intruded art of a2?

I don't see where intrusion comes in?? Would be interesting to see how many other versions of this patch are out there. Perhaps others can put their pics up too?

art of a2

better duck said:
By Jerome:

And on my ELC 1990 House jacket:
Nice version Peter. Your jacket looks great. The list is Peg Leg Pete versions is growing..

I created some zipper pulls to go with the patch. If the customer doesn't want them then they will go on the store with the other patch I created..

a1_zpsaf76d127.jpg

a2jacketpatches

art of a2 said:
a2jacketpatches said:
You feel as if I intruded art of a2?

I don't see where intrusion comes in?? Would be interesting to see how many other versions of this patch are out there. Perhaps others can put their pics up too?

Very good, I didn't think so. Not sure where the "we" stuff came from as I stand alone in my techniques, opinions, and interests. At some point I will use the another version of the 603rd to create a multi-piece leather patch.

art of a2

a2jacketpatches said:
Very good, I didn't think so. Not sure where the "we" stuff came from as I stand alone in my techniques, opinions, and interests. At some point I will use the another version of the 603rd to create a multi-piece leather patch.
Yes the 'we' thing was curious..

shedonwanna

a2jacketpatches said:
Chris217 said:
Does anybody have a picture of an original 603rd patch to compare with?

I've got no reason to doubt this guy as he's got a lot of good stuff, this could very well be a repop, but I don't think so.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-WW-2-A ... 53f4e8c3b3

This is a repop painted by J F Harley in 1990. Signed on lower right 5-o'clock of border. Harley painted a few years (decades) ago. Left the scene but I ran across him working for the Collings foundation a few years back.

jbmilart

This is my 1st version of the "Peg Leg Pete" and the 603rd Bomb Squadron. This is one of the first squadron patches I ever did... it's about 2 years old now... Just sold it on eBay a couple of days ago. I will be making a couple more shortly.

Jim

012_zpsac0bb959.jpg

shedonwanna

a2jacketpatches said:
Well there we are, thanks for the info, I'm guessing he signed everything and will look for that detail from now on.

Harley usually signed the back. Not sure why this one is signed on the front but I recognized the style. Maybe he planned a sewn border? I sign the back of mine and sometimes add something extra like a B-17 stamp or US Flag. Once found a 388th BG I painted on eBay being passed as an original. Everything on the back had been burned off. I let the buyer know it was a repro and he returned it. I later noticed it had been resold on another auction site for several hundred dollars and couldn't contact the buyer. It will probably show up on eBay again - hopefully while I am still around.

Hope your move is going well...