• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pawn Stars M-422A

MikeyB-17

Those in the US may well have seen this already, but I saw a trailer the other night for Pawn Stars on History Channel at 9PM on Monday night, showing what I think is an H.L. Block M-422a with a 'Hell's Hawks' patch on it. I'm interested to see what they make of it. I understand they've had other jackets on before, but I've never managed to see any of those episodes.

Stony

This is a rerun show and the jacket is incorrectly identified by the seller and Rick as a P-47 unit from the ETO. The curator from the Clark County museum comes in and correctly identifies the jacket, etc. I forget how much they offer, if anything.

It's fun to watch in that you can yell at the TV and tell them how stupid they are.

a2jacketpatches

Drove by there a little while back, lots of people posing for a pic with Rick. From what I hear, it's always full of people.

MikeyB-17

OK just watched it. USMC on the nametag, USN on the collar, F4U Corsair, Munda, on the accompanying picture, and they're on about an AAF P-47 unit from D-day. I know they don't have the interest in the subject that we do, but I thought they would have more of a clue than that. He got two grand for it. Nice H.L. Block M-422a though.