• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Patch for Carrier Air Group 11

Albert1

Dear All,

New to the forum and already enjoying the wealth of information available.

I was wondering if you could help me date one of the arm patch which is on my G-1 / MIL J 7823(AER) - freshly acquired.

From my research, it looks like it is a CAG-11 patch. The intriguing thing is about the way it looks - the dice are a bit wonky and the overall drawing appears a little bit primitive compared to other patches which I have been able to source from the net. Attached is a picture of a patch found on the internet and which is said to be of around the Viet Nam war (big straight dice). The one on my jacket is also attached for comparison (small dice and a little uneven).

I would love to hear from you with your views on this. I do not doubt that the patch is original but its construction leads me to believe that it might be an early version of the patch.… Perhaps I am entirely mistaken

Best wishes

Alex

Attachments

• IMG_3115.jpeg
    IMG_3115.jpeg
    157.3 KB · Views: 32
  • C5C5F0D4-0E4D-4D8C-AF2E-551ABAD39F73.jpeg
    C5C5F0D4-0E4D-4D8C-AF2E-551ABAD39F73.jpeg
    140.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3123.jpeg
    IMG_3123.jpeg
    106 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Erwin

Based on the thin embriordered edges of dices - it is early/mid 50's patch made in Japan. The last picture is a later type from 60' [late 60's, this one should have cotton/ back].