Parachute Jumper Boots

Discussion in 'Related Gear' started by tjoenn, Jan 3, 2018.

1. tjoenn

tjoenn Active Member

Bought these from ATF last summer while in Florida. Started wearing them in slowly, an hour or two at a time inside the house as they were extremely uncomfortable. However, after about 10 hours, they actually became very comfortable. I wear them to work and love the squeeky sounds they make. Also, I feel like it would be impossible to break my ancles in these! :)
    (3 posts to go :))

Attached Files:

unclegrumpy and EmergencyIan like this.
  2. Earloffunk

Earloffunk Member

Nice boots!

Who is the manufacturer? Is there a shop in Europe where they can be bought?

3. tjoenn

tjoenn Active Member

4. Earloffunk

Earloffunk Member

Thanks! Will try my luck - or go with German paratrooper boots. Not sure yet

5. unclegrumpy

unclegrumpy Well-Known Member

There are many sources online that discuss WW II paratrooper boot break in, but one below is pretty good...and historically accurate. The difference being the GI's broke their's in during the first part of their training....think about all the running in the first episode of the Band of Brothers and your feet will really hurt! The biggest tip is to get them wet.

http://506thrps.boards.net/thread/65/breaking-corcoran-paratrooper-boots

6. tjoenn

tjoenn Active Member

Very interesting, thanks for that link! I guess if I had known to wear them in wet, I would have saved a few hours of aching feet.

7. Earloffunk

Earloffunk Member

Very interesting approach to breaking in new shoes. I did something similar involuntaryliy during my days in the army and I ruined a pair of boots as the leather stretched quite a bit and the shoes got too wide so I had to get a new pair - that was not easy and the discussion with the QM was not pleasant.

unclegrumpy likes this.