• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original or repro B3 ?

Roughwear

Yes it is an original jacket John. You can't replicate the patina on the buckles these days. Moreover the splicing on the back was a feature on many Wartime B-3s but not usually on modern repros. The shipping to the UK plus duties makes it a no no even for those with deep pockets in Europe!

Roughwear

The collar straps are actually original. I have owned near mint Wartime examples where the collar straps have never been used.

Dani-B

The collar straps are actually original. I have owned near mint Wartime examples where the collar straps have never been used.
Ah, I see, always backfolded under the collar - that's the reason why they are looking as new. Thanks Andrew, and have a great day at Flying Legends tomorrow!

Roughwear

Thanks Dani. I will. It is rare to find original B-3s with replaced collar straps as they were securely sewn on.