• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original mid-war Irvin (just arrived!!!)

Hawkeye

Heres the Irvin I won off ebay roughly a month ago. It arrived about 3 days ago and havent had time until now to properly photograph it. It came in the Eastman box that it was sent back to the last owner in after a zip repair, as well as a carboard eastman label on the inside of the jacket which was a nice touch. Im absolutely thrilled with it. It fits great, with plenty of arm length and lots of room in the chest. Having about a size 41 chest and being 6'3 tall, its tough finding an Irvin that fits. The leather is in fantastic condition, very soft and supple, and with the exception of a fairly substantial old repair on the shoulder (pictured), is intact. The interior fleece is gorgeous and very soft, softer than any other sheepskin I've had in my hands. There is the expected wear on the cuffs, and some small wear along the hem. Most of it looks old, I can't see any fresh bald patches. The zips and elastic collar strap are from Eastman. I have original zips, but I'm pretty satisfied with the repros at the moment. You can easily see the spot where the (rather large) original label used to be. It wasnt tacked on, but stitched right through the back. I've included as many detail pics as I could in hopes of someone making an educated guess as to the possible maker.

P6180390.jpg

P6180391.jpg

P6180394.jpg

P6180395.jpg

P6180396.jpg

P6180392.jpg

P6180397.jpg

P6180400.jpg

P6180401.jpg

P6180402.jpg

P6180404.jpg

P6180406.jpg

P6180407.jpg

Roughwear

Very nice Hawkeye. ELC have done a good restoration job on the Irvin. As to maker it could be the work of Irvin Air Chute as it has features typical of this maker, but this is pure speculation. Enjoy the jacket.

Hawkeye

Heres the jacket after a light coat of pecards. I'm not sure if the photo catches it, but its really restored some of the colour on the more worn spots. also interesting, is when cleaning up the hide and feeding it, the original colour of the seam tapes seemed to come out, which is almost an orange-y colour. I like it.

P6190397.jpg