• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original maker Anj4 from ELC

John Lever

Rob Brace has just announced via Facebook that Eastman are to produce a Poughkeepsie Anj4. It looks interesting but I just worry it might be way out of my budget(and every one else's). It features button pocket flaps, oxygen tab, double button waist, sheepskin cuffs, sheep leather arm reiforcements and is described as lighweight.

Dani-B

Rob Brace has just announced via Facebook that Eastman are to produce a Poughkeepsie Anj4. It looks interesting but I just worry it might be way out of my budget(and every one else's). It features button pocket flaps, oxygen tab, double button waist, sheepskin cuffs, sheep leather arm reiforcements and is described as lighweight.
Interesting News, John, thanks! I'm curious.
Regards,
Dani (with its wonderful ELC AN-J-4 jacket at the very back of the wardrobe - ways too hot weather now... :) )

John Lever

Eastman anj4 skins have quite short fleece so any reduction would make it almost like a B6. That could make it a more practical jacket.

Dani-B

Eastman anj4 skins have quite short fleece so any reduction would make it almost like a B6. That could make it a more practical jacket.
Relatively short fleece - 3/4 inches, exactly according to the mil-specs for heavy zone flight jacktets, right? And very dense, the AN-J-4 in Size 46 weights 3.2 kg / 6.94 lb. My ELC B-3 in the same size weights "only" 2.8 kg / 6.16 lb. The AN-J-4 is a true hunk of a jacket and comfortable to wear although - I love it! Great to see a second one from ELC in the future.
Regards Dani

John Lever

That might be the original spec. but I doubt if any of the Eastman Anj4's I have owned have had 18 mm fleece . A few years ago there was a thread here dedicated to that subject. The new jacket is to be lighter weight so perhaps fleece length will be 15 mm ?

Roughwear

Here are some pictures taken of the AN-J4 yesterday at Legends. It is a light weight jacket and very well constructed. The pictures are of a size 40 test jacket.

John Lever

Thanks Andrew,
This is a test jacket ? (The buttons pocket do look tight and the collar back seams are slightly out.)
How would the weight compare to other sheepskins ?
I see the pocket flaps are very flat, I like the sheepskin cuffs but those bottom buttons can be tricky to fasten.

Last edited:

John Lever

I asked Gary about the Anj4. They are very busy so he is unable to say when it will be available. I wanted one for December but it looks unlikely.

daw

It's a great-looking jacket. The sheepskin has a somewhat crinkled appearance, is this typical for Eastman?

Dennis