• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original Knopf on ebay

WBOONE

There is a rather nice looking original A2 on ebay: "Original WWII/WW2 A-2 Flight Jacket: S.H. Knopf "No-Name" 42-18246-P-Size 46". The knits have been replaced. The seller says he acquired it from a " Noted A2 collector in England." Anyone on here ever own it? Is so what can you tell me about it. Im just happy to see some decent originals come up for sale that aren't size 40/42.

WBOONE

Yes it does. Im just hoping that this noted A2 collector in England will maybe chime in to verify that it's the real deal. Andrew, what do you think of this jacket?

Roughwear

This was indeed my Knopf A2. I had the knits replaced as they had been badly attacked by moths. It is a superb named jacket. Contrary to the description it is NOT a re-dye job. All Knopf jackets exhibit a leather finish of precisely the same shades as this one, ranging from russet to almost seal brown. It is a plain Jane and never had any insignia on it. It is too large for me as a very generous 46 so I sold it on a couple of months back. Anyway I have two other Knopfs in my collection, both size 44s! I have no idea why the listing has ended, but the seller is a member here so he may chime in.

ButteMT61

Good info. Seems "cheap" Andrew? I mean, I'm used to seeing WWII jackets not nearly as nice going for much more, and in smaller sizes...

WBOONE

Thanks Andrew. looks like it sold for $1350.00 That cloud have been my first original. You snooze, you lose. I may keep holding out for a 44/46 RoughWear 18091 or maybe a 1401-P jacket. And holding...and holding...