• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original Dubow pocket spacing question

airfrogusmc

Grant said:
No underarm pocket on my RMNZ. Maybe they drifted a little off when they made your larger size jacket?

Yes they do what Stu does and measure from the back seam to get spacing. So as the jackets get larger they drift farther from the zipper.

airfrogusmc

swoose774 said:
Think of it this way: The people making them in 1943 didnt care. they were fabricating a standard, uniform garment for the US army, by the MILLIONS!! they weren't jacket nuts like us who like to go on and on over a 1" pocket spacing :lol: :lol:

Exactly. But the point Jeff made is a very valid point. Man you should see this HH JCs using in the flesh ( :roll: :lol: ). Its so soft and relaxed and SO GRAINY. You've seen how accurate the color is as compared to Pauls original. This is some of the most ACCURATE horse I've ever seen on a repro as far as weight, hand and grain goes.

airfrogusmc

If I had it all to do over again I would have had John move the pockets in to 4 inches but I told him to make a clone and I'm am not unhappy with that decision. Just a minor observation on part after the fact. Oh and maybe 1 more inch to the arms :roll:

A

Anonymous

swoose774 said:
Think of it this way: The people making them in 1943 didnt care. they were fabricating a standard, uniform garment for the US army, by the MILLIONS!! they weren't jacket nuts like us who like to go on and on over a 1" pocket spacing :lol: :lol:

Not exactly true- they used a PATTERN! A tiny fraction may have been off and there may have been foibles like the occasional rounded collar on a Dubow or uncovered snapbacks on an Aero but for the most part contracts are easily recognizable by their characteristics which means by their consistency! I still don't understand the Old Guard Repro Companies and their mistakes! Why does RMNZ put skinny epaulets on a Dubow? 99% of originals had big fat ones! Why do they all insist on 4" (5" LW!) pocket spacing? Why the 21" body on a 44 Aero of Scotland? WAA WAA WAAH! :cry: :cry: :cry:

airfrogusmc

buzzthetower said:
Gents,

Here's how that original in size 52 compares with the size 52 GW...

dubow_52.jpg

_MG_5949.jpg

John

fishmeok

Here's one of John's pre-production Dubows- I honestly didn't notice the offset spacing on my jacket until I read this thread :roll:
Cheers
Mark

DSCN3119.jpg
DSCN3115.jpg