• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original B-15D MOD (with new photos added)

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Re: Original B-15D MOD (with new photos)

greyhound52 said:
I have one question this metal pen cap was in one of the small pockets on the side pocket. Never seen that (see the photo)

Hey, George ... put that back !! It's bad luck to remove them. ;)

The Buzz jacket should have had those too ...

and the jacket is magnificent.

rich

I'm so glad that's not my size, otherwise I would be more envious than is conducive to good health................ :)
Back of the net George!

greyhound52

tamoko said:
"I have one question this metal pen cap was in one of the small pockets on the side pocket. Never seen that (see the photo)"

I have new B-15D and MA-1 [A,] 2x, [C], with this metal pen cap. I owned mint B-15C with brass pen cap.
Early L-2B with metal pen cap, and orangelined with plastic. N-3 was with metal pen cap.
All my nylon with pen cap.
All my early Intermediate, with leather puller on front zipper.
This jacket really mint one, Congratulations. Did you grab first L-2B from this seller? ;)
Any photos how Jacket fit?

Thanks for the info. The jacket fits a lot like my Buzz B-15C mod. These jackets are a bit short in length. I was looking at photos last night of B-15Ds and they all were a bit on the short side. My original sizd 44 B-15D was that way. Guess that is the way they made them.

JRaptor

tamoko said:
"I have one question this metal pen cap was in one of the small pockets on the side pocket. Never seen that (see the photo)"
This new B-15D sz44 not short, fits like Large 1960 MA-1 Skyline.
B15Da.gif

Not to hijack the thread but could you please tell me a about the ball cap... Is it a vintage USAF cap or something?

Maverickson

tamoko said:

I have new B-15D and MA-1 [A,] 2x, [C], with this metal pen cap. I owned mint B-15C with brass pen cap.
Early L-2B with metal pen cap, and orangelined with plastic. N-3 was with metal pen cap.
All my nylon with pen cap.
All my early Intermediate, with leather puller on front zipper.
This jacket really mint one, Congratulations. Did you grab first L-2B from this seller? ;)
Any photos how Jacket fit?

Yes, I just wanted to let you know that I found one of these same metal pen caps in my fairly fresh B-15C. Just like yours, it was in one of the small pockets on the upper sleeve :shock: . As far as I know these jackets came equiped with these same metal pencil lead protectors as those jackets of mine without them also have holes in those same pockets.

bseal

I saw this jacket in person today. Unbelievable! Maybe greyhound52 has access to a time machine?!