• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ORIGINAL A-2s IN MY COLLECTION

johnwayne

Top collection Andrew, some of which of which of course Ive seen in the flesh so to speak! Gotta say I'm in the majority in going for the Aero as a fav - I think its the colouration and for me Ive always liked the berry knits - patch is nice too - looks like you'd have no problem offloading it if ever you decided to! Nor for matter would you any of the others I'm sure - a nice investment and a question, have you got them insured?

cheers
Wayne

deand

The collar on the Monarch is quite large, and the pockets look to be slightly different sizes. Interesting. Your collection is a joy to behold, Andrew, and the enjoyment you have with it must be immense! I know how much I would enjoy just one of them...like that Monarch :lol: .

dean

Andrew

Regarding that auction. Basically 2 Grand for a size 42. What am I missing here?
So what would that make a sz 44 or up? I can't imagine they'd break $2000 or is it a particularly rare contract?
I would not have expected the rank or name tag would have added substantially to the price. I'm lazy so if someone wants to google the original owner and tell me he was famous pls do.

TankBuster

Andrew said:
Regarding that auction. Basically 2 Grand for a size 42. What am I missing here?
So what would that make a sz 44 or up? I can't imagine they'd break $2000 or is it a particularly rare contract?
I would not have expected the rank or name tag would have added substantially to the price. I'm lazy so if someone wants to google the original owner and tell me he was famous pls do.

Nothing that I could find Andrew. I checked my air victory list as well and no dice. The jacket market has been heating up a little lately though.

Andrew:
Thank you for taking the time to post all of these great photos. Your display style really lets us see the light variations, fit, how the different collars lay, etc. I was surprised to see so many jackets in the lighter russet range. Perhaps I got the idea from B&W photos and too much Hogan's Heroes but I always pictured original contracts to be darker brown or seal. I get that there was a big range in color, but I really like the russet and you've really showed how great it looks over time.

Thanks for sharing sir!

RA

Roughwear

Thanks for your comments. The colour of A2s varied considerably from light russet to dark seal brown. Last contract RWs, several Aero contracts and many Star Sportwear A2s for example were usually a darker seal, but there was still variation within these contracts depending on the different batches of horsehide available.

crazyace

Thanks for posting the pics Andrew they are a joy to look at! It is great that you are able to be collecting and preserving a part of history for future generations to admire. Well Done! We will always know where some originals are being kept well preserved.

mindful

noticed the aero 21996 loving the russet wearing through the seal colour was going to order this contract maybe i should order two GW :?:

Roughwear

mindful said:
noticed the aero 21996 loving the russet wearing through the seal colour was going to order this contract maybe i should order two GW :?:

It's a fantastic contract IMO. Why not order two! :)

ButteMT61

Roughwear said:
mindful said:

It's a fantastic contract IMO. Why not order two! :)

Easy for you to say! :)

Members online

Latest posts