• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original 1933 Werber A2 for sale

Silver Surfer

hell, it looks almost as nice as his repro werber. just about as rare as they come, and due to the hide issues, small size, and rarity, a collectors mannequin rider

chamboid

I saw this this morning as well, did a double take. Shame about the top of thre arms as the rest of the leather looks to be in fantastic shape.

There was a stunning B-10 size 38 that was up for a brief second before selling as well. $599 or nearest offer. Wonder what it went for.

DiamondDave

Nice! This one had a proper result. Scarcity will still bring a high dollar value, I guess? That jacket is almost as rare as the SAT, and seems to have sold accordingly. I fully expected it to sell for around $3,500 all in.

DD

Roughwear

I think it sold for less than one would expect, especially in the light of how rare jackets from this contract are. I know of three in existence today. Had it been a large size it would easily have made $3,500.

Peter Graham

It's nice to see detailed photos of an original. I've just compared it to my ELC Werber and the ELC stands up pretty well.

Roughwear

I agree Peter. It is an excellent reproduction and probably my favourite original maker A2 jacket from Eastman. It's a shame the early Talon zip slider/puller is not reproduced accurately. Hookless zippers were not used on the contract.