• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

One more try at Fedora Lounge

a2jacketpatches

After getting bounced from a general conversation about patches to the "Merchant" section two years ago I pretty much lost interest in the whole thing. But just recently I gave it another shot because I was actually trying to promote my stuff this time. I'm having a very generous sale currently on Ebay.

NOTHING in two days! not even a peep. And to think I could have been spending $300 bucks a month the past two years on this. Think I'll use the money to get myself an Army Jeep or something instead with a bumper sticker :lol:

Just want to use the opportunity to thank the owner, mods, and members of this forum for all it has to offer. The focus being right up my alley with very little in between that I'm not interested in, it is the perfect place for me personally and as a business. Thanks to all for the friendships and patronage.

plumbline

I didn't even see you on TFL .. and found you immediately on Ebay.

Should have come here directly though ... doh!

:)

a2jacketpatches

plumbline said:
I didn't even see you on TFL .. and found you immediately on Ebay.

Should have come here directly though ... doh!

:)

I put up a post here as usual, home sweet home, will give it a bump.

Invoice sent and thanks for the purchase my friend.

a2jacketpatches

Days later, nothing, zero interest. I'll bet the "what did you have for dinner" is seeing more action.

For 300- clams a month I could probably start my own patch forum and have a heluva website.

ButteMT61

Well, it sounds like you aren't a match for the average member there is all. Not their fault nor yours, just not the right place.

I can't blame them for trying to leverage the hits/posts with some income - running a forum takes money and lots of time. While the amount may have been questionable, I think that your wares just don't interest the average TFL'er.

They are a good match for VLJ, hence your success here...

a2jacketpatches

ButteMT61 said:
Well, it sounds like you aren't a match for the average member there is all. Not their fault nor yours, just not the right place.

I can't blame them for trying to leverage the hits/posts with some income - running a forum takes money and lots of time. While the amount may have been questionable, I think that your wares just don't interest the average TFL'er.

They are a good match for VLJ, hence your success here...

Yeah, I realized two years ago when I joined. But I did see guns, flight jackets, military items, and even some vintage sewing machines. When I saw the squadron patch thread (right up my alley) with Johnny, I was just joining the conversation and showing off my handy work. Regardless of what the average TFL'er was doing, thought I was just being a TFL'er as well. Then corralled into the merchant section and hit up for money. Certainly no fault of mine to participate in a conversation about squadron patches and as a matter of fact, a perfect match for the thread I'd say. They just saw an opportunity to squeeze me and took it, yes very questionable.

Absolutely, a good match here, and free.

Silver Surfer

the hat joint? fugetaboutit. there is this, "home base", and plenty of fb groups that engage in a-2s wwll militaria, patches, nose art, etc.

ButteMT61

Yeah, it's an odd place. I love/hate it. Mil stuff has it's fans there, but to the exclusion of many other things. Then the progressive crowd may be less inclined to have a positive outlook in general on military topics. Just a guess - not a slam or anything...like I said, I love the Outerwear section most of the time...some of the time.

Roughwear

I rarely post there these days as most of the topics in the Outerwear section do not appeal to me. I have advertised jackets for sale on the FL and never sold a thing through them!

Nickb123

I commented on it. Don't get discouraged. We're all seriously impressed with your work. I think it's just that patches are kind of a niche thing. And the Merchants section on there is kind of buried.

Monsoon

Ever try over here:

usmilitariaforum.com

99.9% is about the real deal, but they do have a repro section (I think).

Might get some action there.....

a2jacketpatches

Monsoon said:
Ever try over here:

usmilitariaforum.com
99.9% is about the real deal, but they do have a repro section (I think).

Might get some action there.....

Yes, I frequent the USMF as I'm an avid collector and hunt original military items daily. Not really in much need of pushing sales but just thought to give FL another shot to see if there was any interest or worth the trouble. Not sure if paying their outrageous monthly vendor fee gets a merchant unburied or not, but wondering and the fact that not a single sale was generated from there in over a week is enough to discourage me anyway.