• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Once in a while S#IT happens

A

Anonymous

The guy told me they are incorrect, stated they look bronze like Marine Corps, and not big enough (they are reg 3 inches) Shit anyone else, I would say sorry maybe someone else can paint these. However he was the pilot of the Nine-o-Nine, so I'm stuck, on a do over.

dmar836

I think there is a point you have to set boundaries. If people criticize your work, maybe you aren't the artist for them(not meant with malice). Sure, you might like the work but sometimes you have to protect yourself. Your portfolio will tell others what to expect. Unless you deliver something WAY off, and/or that is quite different from what previous work you have done, then you are providing what they were apparently looking for.
I managed this very well in photography business but it took rejecting a lot of people, and their unreasonable expectations, before they were able to show dissatisfaction.
As for the wing, I'm not sure what he asked for but the font isn't my favorite(that's just me and maybe what he wants). The wings are perfectly within the variances seen IMO. A line of heavy stitching around it and a little wear and they would look great!
It sounds as if his criticism isn't based on anything but conceptions he has developed and you might never be able to hit that magic image he has. He should give you something to copy if he has a specific idea.
Keep posting the great work!
Dave

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the props. I called him back to get specifics on what he wants,and asked how long he wanted his wings,as the one's I sent were three inches, and that was the longest I have seen. He said he would measure the wings on his coat, and get back. So we will see.

A

Anonymous

Hamsterbear said:
So,.....uhhhh.....
Whatcha gonna do with that "reject"???
Looks OK to me......my daughter's name is KELLY

;)
I'll get back to you :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

a2jacketpatches

I met the guy many years back if it's the same pilot. He was kind enough to let me take this photo and the whole crew seemed pretty cool. But when I got talking about jacket art, 75- each was way too much. I just shook hands and went on my way.

I don't care if he pilots the space shuttle, USMC wings are gold, regulation wings are 3-1/8 inches, and 75 bucks was a hell of a deal.