• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official USAF or novelty patch? It's cut edge

a2jacketpatches

I've been on the lookout for a 42nd BW patch for a while now to go with a beautiful 50's SAC patch I just purch at Etsy for 10-, I want 50's because they are larger, about 4,5 inches tall and would look perfect on the chest of a jacket. I intend to apply to my personal jacket as I earned these insignia back in the 80's just before the deactivation of SAC. Anyway, no luck on the 42nd unless I pay 125- but I did find this generic USAF patch the other day, and the size is about right for the 50's. It's cut edge, but not sure if a novelty patch or one actually worn by active duty personnel. Any thoughts?

a2jacketpatches

I finally ran across this patch. They were selling similar jackets when I was at Basic Training, Lackland AFB, TX. for a hundred bucks or something. Preying on proud new Airmen that saved a a pocket full of money while stuck in the barracks for 6 weeks. This one looks to be an earlier version but still just a cheap novelty jacket you'd never wear again once out of Basic.