• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nothing on the list

CBI

Yes, the current pieces for new high-end jackets are nothing like "in the old days" but these are not priced as collector items......"collect the ENITRE set" They are priced to purchase one jacket and wear it. Quality craftsmanship and materials, this is the result. It's a bummer but I am not upset at Mercedes Benz pricing preventing me from "collecting" them all.

Peter Graham

I actually thought I was cured of this jacket addiction but it's come back with a vengeance. I'm trying to keep it in check but I've got something cool in the pipeline.

ausreenactor

I found a BR D-2 in a bag the other day. Forgot I even had it? Still have a brand new Bronco in the box from GWL that I bought last year in August... I guess priorities are like the tides...

CBI

My last big slew of purchases were all cloth stuff, I need to post pics at some point. Repro: M41 jacket, M41 Arctic Jacket, M43 Field Jacket and liner, Army HBT Jacket/Shirt, Officer "Chocolate" Wool Shirt...........all AT The Front; USMC HBT Uniform set from SM Wholesale and M1937 Army Denim Trousers from WW2 Impressions

Last edited:

ausreenactor

My last big slew of purchases were all cloth stuff, I need to post pics at some point. Repro: M41 jacket, M41 Arctic Jacket, M43 Field Jacket and liner, Army HBT Jacket/Shirt, Officer "Chocolate" Wool Shirt...........all AT The Front; USMC HBT Uniform set from SM Wholesale and M1937 Army Denim Trousers from WW2 Impressions

Now you're talkin'. LOVE ATF stuff. I have three Ikes I have not opened. And pretty much everything US WWII they make... LOVE it...

CBI

Yes, love ATF. I have purchased a lot of clothing from them over the years. Happy with everything except their B-10 which was a bit "poofy" but still a great buy. Yes Colekwok, I own the wool lined and fleece lined Tanker, very nice. SM Wholesale and WW2 Impressions get a few details better but for the price, ATF is great and totally "works" as a repro Tanker. That said, my most "wow" moment with repo cloth was getting the enzyme washed Marine Corps HBT pants from SM Wholesale. Totally thought I was getting original stuff!

Marv

have you seen ATFs current boondockers, the look very good and from the looks of it would give ww2 impressions a run for their money with these

ausreenactor

I have been thinking about their Tanker jacket for several years, do any of you own their tankers?
Have a medium patched to a SSGT in the 4th Ranger Battalion. Good jackets! Not BR good; however, price wise they are a robust everyday wearer...

CBI

Yes, they are nice. I have a pair from an older run. Either these or their new Army run were on sale for 1/2 price just last week. I considered it but my older ones are getting beaten up/in enough to where they are looking good. That's the thing with all of this cloth stuff and shoes/boots. Once they really get worn, they look the part enough to were if something is 90-95% accurate, its close enough for me. The argument could be made for leather as well. My older Good Wears are super and are convincing enough for me even though I know/see the improvements with newer models.

jack31916

have you seen ATFs current boondockers, the look very good and from the looks of it would give ww2 impressions a run for their money with these

I've bought me a pair and received them today. Very wellmade and worth the money. Really impressed by the quality and corded soles. Best reproductions available at this moment.
Good review of these boots and those from WWIIImpressions at this site: https://m1pencil.wordpress.com/2016/09/18/at-the-front-n1-field-shoes-boondockers/

jack31916

The boots are 'true' to your normal U.S. shoesize. I wear U.S. size 10,5 and ordered 10,5 and they fit perfect

Marv

damn, wish i'd seen the half price deal on the boondockers, they would have made a nice addition to my ww2 impressions pair.

Andrew

damn, wish i'd seen the half price deal on the boondockers, they would have made a nice addition to my ww2 impressions pair.
I agree, rats. I've had a pair of WWII imp boots for the last three yrs and they are my favourite footwear, and I've been waiting for another run to buy a slightly smaller size but by the looks of the review these are basically the same. Maybe we should just hit up Rolin en masse and ask for the discount....

CBI

I just received a pair of Roughouts from SM Wholesale;

WWII US ARMY ROUGHOUT BOOTS

These are SUPERB! Much nicer than my ATF pair which I did like. The SM boots are pre-treated so purists might not like that but LOVE the color, they are actually comfortable and great details. The laces are a hair too wide but that's OK. These are well-priced below some of the premier options. Consider them!!!!!!!!!!

I have only purchased a few items from SM Wholesale but the items I have purchased have exceeded expectations. I wish I had a reason to wear WW2 German camo, their stuff looks like mint originals.

Peter Graham

I have only purchased a few items from SM Wholesale but the items I have purchased have exceeded expectations. I wish I had a reason to wear WW2 German camo, their stuff looks like mint originals.
I've been hankering after a German camo Winter parka for a while and the SM ones look superb but it's a lot of cash to shell out on something that I have never handled an example of nor seen photos of apart from on their website.

SuinBruin

I'd go for one of JC's Navy jackets but I am nowhere near to having the disposable income to get one at this point or for the foreseeable future.