• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

not leather not vintage but many will understand

Tim P

I think my preoccupation with ww2 US hbt camo started when, having read an osprey book about the USMC my dad took me to the imperial war museum as a boy and I saw a mannikin dressed in it.

Anyway, I have bought sets of it over the years, now only owning a repro army cut set. What I do have however is vintage duck Hunter stuff as well as
A J crew IPhone cover
a wash bag
t shirts
BDU uniform set
ralph lauren pants
Ralph Lauren wallet...

Now for ages I have been mulling around with a way to combine that fondness with a liking for the short pullover parka, the hooded type that has a big chest pocket and a though pocket on the belly. I find them to be ludicrously practical garments. have been trying to source the cloth and a maker to run me up a custom one. Had to be a pullover and had to be ww2 pattern print.

Until the day before yesterday, late, when I found that Carhartt are making just such a thing for this season. Green and brown variants. Green however, globally out of stock in XL . How crap is that?

Next morning straight into town to find one, tried several places with no joy. Finally ordered a brown/tan one which was my second choice. Then went to work. I was a bit early so I had a trawl and found ONE UK place that has the green side in XL.
What could I do?

Anyway, anyone interested, search on Carhartt Hayden jacket in "outdoor" camo.

stevetfire

MikeyB-17

I like that-I am a fan of Carhartt stuff-I have one of their Detroit canvas jackets which I picked up for a steal on Ebay. Just got a Carhartt baseball cap for a fiver in TK Maxx too.

Tim P

I am looking forward to getting them. The plain green is cool too, as is the navy but where do you stop?
One green, one tan camo has to be enough.... :(

Tim P

It arrived today, the green one, and I was damned lucky to find that. I will say that I expected a roomier fit from an xl but it is fine. Lets call it 40's fit ;)

As to whether i try to get the guy in the shop to go for an xxl for me in the tan camo is yet to be seen but the light, tight poplin is a joy and the cut is bang on for the jacket I had envisaged in my little design, the colours also being true to ww2 camo rather than later duck hunter with its blackish blobs.

I am a happy bear. I did consider the parka in xxl but the jury is out... Maybe As there is no pressing need I will wait to see if it is a season end clearout bargain.

Peter Graham

I really like those Tim. I'll wait for a while and try to pick one up on ebay. Coincidentally I picked up a jacket in a similar vein a few weeks ago. It's a short camo jacket labelled "Miltec by Sturm" in a postwar Austrian camo pattern. Sort of a cross between duck hunter and SS peas pattern. It's a real quality garment of heavy weatherproofed cotton with some nice features like brass underarm grommets and internal pockets and drawstring. It didn't cost much but I like it a lot.

Peter Graham

Tim P said:
And its this seasons stuff Peter so its bang on trend....

:lol:
I've always maintained the idea that if you keep wearing the same sort of stuff you will be in fashion about once a decade. Guess this is my year. :D

Chandler

Peter Graham said:
I've always maintained the idea that if you keep wearing the same sort of stuff you will be in fashion about once a decade. Guess this is my year.

I was wearing an M-65 and a Schott A-2 style jacket in 1978... guess I was ahead of my time? ;)