• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

not a good look for Buzz Rickson

Rutger

"......and a longer body so that the jacket can be worn with untucked shirts......" :lol:

"This overpriced oddly-fitting garment will wear more quickly then a properly tanned and dyed quality horsehide jacket but it possesses all the diluted stylistic references that today's Williamsburg Lumberjack craves, and it will look crackerjack with your ridiculous $300.00 Tellason jeans - which coincidentally will wear...and fit...as poorly as this bespoke, curated jacket will"

Tim P

At least there is not a military contractor label in it.

In that sense it's basically in the same league as any given Indiana Jones jacket but with a buzz price label

asiamiles

Nickb123 said:
If that was listed for $500 I'd consider it. ;) I just consider it a civilian jacket.
I agree. Forget the blurb, the model, the price etc. I see no reason to dislike what is actually a perfectly fine jacket.

SuinBruin

An indigo-dyed and extended-to-cover-untucked-shirt-ends A-2 is, to my eye, both unattractive and reeking of hipsterdom. YMMV.

p.s. The collaboration is between Self Edge and BR/SC... I imagine Toyo didn't come up with this one themselves.

bseal

Generals Grant & Lee had a beard, not to mention Lincoln, Moses & a fellow from Nazareth. Love the whiskers.

asiamiles

SuinBruin said:
An indigo-dyed and extended-to-cover-untucked-shirt-ends A-2 is, to my eye, both unattractive and reeking of hipsterdom. YMMV.

p.s. The collaboration is between Self Edge and BR/SC... I imagine Toyo didn't come up with this one themselves.
I like the green knits and liner, and to my eyes the jacket isn't so long that the basic design is compromised. To be honest, for a number of reasons I think A-2's don't generally look that good on a lot of people who wear them today, so I don't really have a problem with this practice.

I'm sure Toyo are happy with anything that sells and keeps the company afloat, whether it be classic designs tweaked for the 21st century or accurate repros of vintage jackets for those that want them. There's room to cater for all tastes...well, except for bad taste :lol: and I don't think we're talking about that in this example.