Newish Aero Leather Scotland A-2 Vicenza HH

Discussion in 'General Flight Jacket Discussion' started by CBI, Nov 3, 2017.

1. CBI

CBI Well-Known Member

falcon_ib, Smithy, daw and 4 others like this.
  2. B-Man2

B-Man2 Active Member

I think it looks great on you. As you know once the sleeves crease up a bit they'll be fine. I've got to say that is a great combination. Is that the latest horsehide from Aero?

Pilot likes this.
  3. CBI

CBI Well-Known Member

Thanks, yes latest HH I think. This was via Thurston Bros.

4. Skip

Skip Active Member

Looks nice and comfortable, not a bad looking' hide. I agree longer sleeves make for comfortable driving, I particularly don't like it when steering and the sleeve ride up, I always get my sleeves longer if i can purely for that reason

5. CBI

CBI Well-Known Member

Thanks -I do wish more makers offered this super dark seal (some others do). Some do as a hand applied finish which I have not been happy with in the end. In re the sleeves, I am totally "done" with "accurate period sleeve length" Totally annoying and really, there are loads of WW2 era pics with guys with "long" sleeves.

6. Thomas Koehle

Thomas Koehle Active Member

nice looking garment!
    love the colour of leather and knits
    what size is the jacket?

7. CBI

CBI Well-Known Member

thanks marked size 44

8. B-Man2

B-Man2 Active Member

I'm in your corner on this one CBI!
    For every WWII photo of a proper trim fitting A2 on an airman, there's about a dozen photo's that look like some guy was wearing an over sized hand me down A2 from his big brother. They wore whatever size they had available.

9. Thomas Koehle

Thomas Koehle Active Member

The sleevelenght looks perfect to me - like already pointed out I think only from comparing period pics you'll never be able to find "that" only historical correct dimension/length ...

You pass one jacket to 2 different guys with similar chest size but the sleeves might look totally different on both pals