• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

newest acquisition - and a problem with the zip (not again...)

Griffon_301

hello guys!

thanks to the wonders of a quite popular German online trading platform, I came across a jacket I was looking for for a long time now - a BR Tank Jacket 2nd Model.
even better, it was not a plane Jane but rather a patched and stencilled (and aviation themed) example and the price was just too nice, about a third a vanilla model cost two years ago when Fardin last had some on offer from BR.

so far so well...Problem ist the zip which is finicky at best and not usable at worst.
I think the problem is the puller that does not function properly

so my question is, does anyone know which pullers (YKK?) might be able to work on a Conmatic zip as used in the jacket?
i don't want to exchange the whole zip again if not really necessary ..

finally, some pictures to brighten up this otherwise boring post

20240119_094231.jpg

20240119_094252.jpg

Griffon_301

I tried already with graphite...in my way to a dedicated zipper store in the city to hear and see what they can possibly provide as solution...
will keep you guys updated
thanks for all your hints and advice so far

Griffon_301

i have a good technique for that :)
in the case if the tank jacket, I solved it rather cheaply in the zipper store with the purchase of a replacement puller for a mere 4 euros... might not look completely original but it works and that's ok for me ....