• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newbie w/ old jacket

gsbeliever

I recently pulled my old vintage leather motorcycle jacket out of the closet with thoughts to include it as a premium w/ the sale of my motorcycle. The label says "Beck", "Northeaster" and "Genuine Horsehide" and has lacing up both sides. I bought it in a Salvation Army store back in college (1974) and it was old back then, lol. The leather is super thick and I used it as my riding coat for years, including two tries at road racing in 1982 when I taped the jacket to my leather MX pants. Not sure how old it is but if the group is interested, I'll take some pics. Where can I find out more about this jacket.
thanks!
Scott

dmar836

Welcome to the forum, Scott. Post it up. Many of us have older M/C jackets!
There are many features carried over in other jackets.
Dave

Atticus

Welcome to the forum!

I am just beginning to learn about motorcycle jackets...others here know far more than do I...but a quick google search indicates that you probably have a nice, vintage jacket in your possession. Evidently, Beck was a brand, only, and other manufacturers made jackets for them. But they were heavy, good quality jackets, regardless of who made them. The horsehide versions were made up until the late fifties (?) and steer hide followed until the mid sixties. Again, I'm only repeating what I've seen on the net.

And yes...we'd love to see photos. The jacket below is in the Lost Worlds Collection, I think.

AF

MikeyB-17

A Beck Northeaster? Definitely collectable, and yes, we definitely want to see pics. Welcome.