• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New USN M-422 Models at Headwind Mfg Co

Teddy

I'm quite excited as Steve just told me that mine was finished yesterday. I cannot wait to get this beauty! It looks amazing!

xgA8pig.jpg

jZOyOlR.jpg

FChB6VW.jpg

stanier

That looks gorgeous Nahua, lucky man! Love the leather and golden mouton.

Although not definitive from the pics, it also looks better proportioned than Brett’s.

The only tiny thing is, as in Brett’s, I can’t see a size tag or the size on the label? It may just be my knowledge of the M-422(a) but shouldn’t there be one?

Teddy

@stanier Thanks a lot Chris. Luckily Steve and I share the same height with me a tiny bit thinner than him. He has been kind to benchmark the jacket against himself when making it. I'll ask about the size tag :)

B-Man2

Nkang
That looks sweet. Don’t forget to post some fit pictures. I have a feeling that Headwind has hit the “Motherload” with these USN M-422 models.
The goat on these looks outstanding.

stanier

Nkang
That looks sweet. Don’t forget to post some fit pictures. I have a feeling that Headwind has hit the “Motherload” with these USN M-422 models.
The goat on these looks outstanding.

The goat and the mouton! I’d love to see some pics of the various knit and lining options.

Teddy

Just received my jacket from Steve an hour ago. Let me just say what a beauty it is! I also feel honored to have worked with Steve on this jacket the past 2 months. A great craftsman who is really patient and pays attention to the customers. Glad to have made a friend virtually with him :)

In fact, it's so well made that the extremely rude and aggressive custom official who handled my parcel charged me custom & import fees of Good Wear's price ($1899 x 10%). I think the extremely unfair fee I was charged is a compliment to Steve's quality. But given how sad I feel by the treatment I received as a newcomer to Germany, I really don't feel like posting fit pics for today. I promised Steve I'd post a review so I will do so. But right now, I need to sink in my sorrow that I might not even be able to pay for a sofa I wanted for my empty flat...:(

HhEJh6N.jpg

8QAQOPM.jpg

Thomas Koehle

Just received my jacket from Steve an hour ago. Let me just say what a beauty it is! I also feel honored to have worked with Steve on this jacket the past 2 months. A great craftsman who is really patient and pays attention to the customers. Glad to have made a friend virtually with him :)

In fact, it's so well made that the extremely rude and aggressive custom official who handled my parcel charged me custom & import fees of Good Wear's price ($1899 x 10%). I think the extremely unfair fee I was charged is a compliment to Steve's quality. But given how sad I feel by the treatment I received as a newcomer to Germany, I really don't feel like posting fit pics for today. I promised Steve I'd post a review so I will do so. But right now, I need to sink in my sorrow that I might not even be able to pay for a sofa I wanted for my empty flat...:(

HhEJh6N.jpg

8QAQOPM.jpg

Congrats for such a beautiful jacket pengyou!

Sorry to hear that - sometimes the officials in Germany can really be pain in the a...

Let me know again where you live and what kind of stuff you might need for your appartment - I'm coming back home to Germany by end of the year and will "merge" some furniture from MEX with my already fully equipped house back home - there will be some leftovers off course and maybe something that might be of use for you ...

Just post me a PM ...

Saludos
Thomas

Skyhawk

Congrats for such a beautiful jacket pengyou!

Sorry to hear that - sometimes the officials in Germany can really be pain in the a...

Let me know again where you live and what kind of stuff you might need for your appartment - I'm coming back home to Germany by end of the year and will "merge" some furniture from MEX with my already fully equipped house back home - there will be some leftovers off course and maybe something that might be of use for you ...

Just post me a PM ...

Saludos
Thomas
That's freaking cool Thomas!

Nahua, That is total BS. I would take your invoice back down there and demand some reimbursement. They can call me if they want! We will figure out a way to have this never happen again. We may have to start shipping everything Int, though DHL. Great company but 2x the price of USPS.

This type of situation is unacceptable and I apologize your delivery ended in this way. I hope it hasn't ruined all the fun of getting that fantastic jacket!

All The Best,
Jay

P.S. - A lot of countries over there have an import tax of around 20% VAT. If that was the case, than the value of the import would have been closer to $900. Also some countries, if not all, include the price of shipping in that total value. If that is the case, it could be not so far off base. I mean it's out of control and way too high, but it may not be beyond what they normally would charge. Import taxes can be expensive in some regions!

Last edited:

Teddy

@Thomas Koehle Vielen vielen Dank, mein Freund. That really warms my heart and I'll reach out to you soon :)

@Smithy You're right man! Thanks a lot for the words because it really cheers me up. My gf also said that it's such a beauty I'd be able to wear it a lifetime so the custom fee's worth it.

@Skyhawk Jay, thanks a lot for the kind words. Please don't apologize! THERE IS NOTHING that you or Steve need to apologize here! It's a problem with these authorities that want to suck all our money, not with Headwind and Steve! Please know that I still love you guys despite this huge cut on my budget.

Dr H

The most frustrating element is often the random fashion in which the charges appear to be levied.
I bought a beret from New Zealand and got hit for customs/handling that almost doubled the price of the hat.
I bought three, used Freewheelers jackets from Japan (twice) and USA, steeled myself for bankruptcy, and wasn’t even charged a handling fee...

Brettafett

Nahua, what a fantastic jacket. I cannot wait to see fit pics with a smile.
Amazing job Steve!
I also had a hit from UK import and taxes, nowhere near as much as yours, but it did raise the cost quite a bit.
The jacket is worth every penny though. I am sure you will be very happy again soon enough.

Teddy

@Brettafett Thanks a lot Brett. I might take the jacket with me on vacation so that I can take good fit pics. Been having trouble sleeping today and I actually tried the jacket on again. Absolutely love it. All I wish is that the custom fee would go to Steve instead of those rude staffs at the custom.

STEVE S.

Thanks for the kind comments guys! Guess those pesky customs officials are getting greedier by the day. Doesn’t sound like anything is sneaking through nowadays...

Earloffunk

nkang, depending on where you are living in Germany I might also be able to help. I live near Frankfurt/Main. Never had any bad experience with customs. Maybe there was kind of a language barrier? They only should charge customs on the actual price of the jacket. If you present them the invoice that should do the trick.

Great to have some more Jacket nuts in Germany! Just shoot me a PM.

Cocker

nkang, that jacket is absolutely gorgeous!! Steve did an amazing job again!

As for the customs issue, as pointed out above, they CANNOT charge you for more than the retail price of the item. You should get back there with the invoice or a proof of payment and ask for some money back!!